What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meanwhile......over in England

roopy

Referee
Joey was on hand a few hours ago to watch Matt Gidley's Saint Helens beat Luke Quigley's Les Catalans in front of a sell out Wembley crowd to win the Challenge Cup final.

Frederick

Staff member
Gotta say it was a pretty boring game to watch - far too much dropped ball from both sides.

humpy

Juniors
Must say as an outsider looking on, I am amazed that Joey is not still in some way part of the team. Surely the Knights are paying his contract for the rest of the year or he has some role with the club after his retirement???

I would think at a time when the club needs some steadying influence, Joey should be assisting the team in some form rather than globetrotting and helping the Wannabes prior to the RWC??

Burwood

Bench
humpy said:
Must say as an outsider looking on, I am amazed that Joey is not still in some way part of the team. Surely the Knights are paying his contract for the rest of the year or he has some role with the club after his retirement???

I would think at a time when the club needs some steadying influence, Joey should be assisting the team in some form rather than globetrotting and helping the Wannabes prior to the RWC??
It was reported in one of the Sunday papers today that Johns will have a very limited role with the club next year- basically he will be a consultant, and it won't just be for the Knights. By the sounds of it, he has been advised to keep clear of the club and pursue other interests in Sydney.

I see Joey had the time to run a coaching session with the Harlequins, after
an approach was made by his good mate
Billy "Better Clubman then Kirk by a Mile" Peden

Latest posts