What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media Bias

The_Shield

Juniors
What an absolute joke. Last night after the game, all they talked about for the entire aftershow was how Slater was in massive trouble and how he has got to be charged, to the point where they made almost impossible to not charge him. After this game, 5 seconds on Jake Friend for a much worse tackle and everyone was adamant that he has no case to answer

roofromoz

First Grade
rkvD1wA44Qz8mXu2qcxAclq-uc5dsvKbE04xvVU_n-EvPXrjS5O-EPoHZTmK5Rtrxy1knB20R7fYKkoYYrDYbDcP-m37_c9-KmSJQP2E_9e_tMAQliGgw7SHjjnzHo74frpQesmjhMoEPX9G9A-ytMnefhrN=w420-h231-nc

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
The biggest issue I see are the commentators. It obvious at Origin time and now getting obvious during the Nrl season now. Having Gus and Fitler commentating a roosters match is painful. I also noticed a game last year where Gus was commentating and he was being overly picky and riding the players. That team was battling with the panthers for the 8 at the time. I think next weeks gf will have to be on silent.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's the problem with hiring retired players who are still in the pockets of their old clubs.

Travitoh

First Grade
What an absolute joke. Last night after the game, all they talked about for the entire aftershow was how Slater was in massive trouble and how he has got to be charged, to the point where they made almost impossible to not charge him. After this game, 5 seconds on Jake Friend for a much worse tackle and everyone was adamant that he has no case to answer

The difference is that Billy Slater has been charged with an offence that could rule him out of the GF.
Jake Friend is free to play despite recieving a charge.
That is why Slater was a bigger story than Friend.
Nice cry but.

The_Shield

Juniors
The difference is that Billy Slater has been charged with an offence that could rule him out of the GF.
Jake Friend is free to play despite recieving a charge.
That is why Slater was a bigger story than Friend.
Nice cry but.
The charges didn’t come out until the day after the games. I’m talking about the discussions right after the games. They spent the whole after show criticising Slaters tackle after the game, the next night they spent a whole 5 seconds on the Friend tackle, they said he’s got no problem and that was it. These discussions happened before the players were charged

AJB1102

First Grade
The charges didn’t come out until the day after the games. I’m talking about the discussions right after the games. They spent the whole after show criticising Slaters tackle after the game, the next night they spent a whole 5 seconds on the Friend tackle, they said he’s got no problem and that was it. These discussions happened before the players were charged

So you're cranky because they got it right?

Travitoh

First Grade

Friend was never going to cop a grade 2 or higher so why the need for discussion? The big story out of the Roosters that night was Cronk's shoulder. I didn't hear any discussions about the fitness of Cam Munster or Cam Smith on Friday night.

j5o6hn

Juniors
The so called shoulder charge was a common & garden AFL tackle much ado about nothing

Latest posts