What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne are a dirty team

jirskyr

Juniors
Melbourne Storm are always pushing the boundaries of rules, always putting a toe over the line.

Before it was the grapple tackle, now its hands in the ruck. If you watch last night's game again, you will see the Storm players CONSTANTLY putting their hands on and around the footy as the Tigers players try to play it.

If referee Badger had been as whistle-happy as Hayne a few weeks ago, it would have tallied up like a Rugby match.

The Storm should stop trying to constantly bend and test the rules.

jirskyr said:
Melbourne Storm are always pushing the boundaries of rules, always putting a toe over the line.

Before it was the grapple tackle, now its hands in the ruck. If you watch last night's game again, you will see the Storm players CONSTANTLY putting their hands on and around the footy as the Tigers players try to play it.

If referee Badger had been as whistle-happy as Hayne a few weeks ago, it would have tallied up like a Rugby match.

Oh no!!! and West tigers were not dirty as well. I am lucky i taped the game and is willing to show you the Grapple tackle that Wests made. EVERY team put hands in the ruck.

I am willing to record the tape on the net to show you.

Your a moron and a idiot, you went to the same Suregon as phil gould and Hadley because you have just had a arse transplant

Your a hypocite of a big kind, now go away you troll

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah i cant call Melbourne a dirty side, more like a very enjoyable side to watch play. Pity about Williams but he bought that upon himself.

jirskyr

Juniors
chemicalbrother said:
spot on happy!!!!.

jirskyr is stiring scumbag who is a coward because he can't say it on the Storm Board!!!!

I can post it in the Storm board, but I don't give a rats f**king arse about Storm opinions.

I know one player doesn't make a dirty side. I know Williams is not indicative of the temperament of the whole Melbourne team.

But fact is your team constantly pushes boundaries. Constantly niggles, stretching the rules. Grapple tackles were perfected first by the Melbourne Storm and they are a cheap tactic. Rule clarifications have outlawed the practice.

And I watched last night, and the Storm players constantly handled the ball in the rucks.

And you can attack my opinions on logic and merit, but keep off the personal attacks Storm fans. Unless that, like Danny Williams, is the only way you can express yourselves.

tigpie

Juniors
Agree 100% with jirsky. Maybe "dirty" is not quite the right word but "niggly" and "boundary stretching" both apply. Thought it after the last game in Melbourne when we came away with 2 or 3 broken noses (including Mark O'Neill's ... broken by none other than Danny Williams!!!). Know it after last night's game. Constantly held down players, grabbed at legs, pushed and poked to slow down the play-the-ball ... the sorts of things (but worse, in my opinion) we were penalised out of the game for two weeks ago in Canberra.

Hoggy

Bench
jirskyr said:
Anyway Hoggy, no one mentioned Danny Williams in the first place.

I dare say if the Danny Williams incident didn't happen you wouldn't have said a thing.

jirskyr said:
I can post it in the Storm board, but I don't give a rats f***ing arse about Storm opinions.

I know one player doesn't make a dirty side. I know Williams is not indicative of the temperament of the whole Melbourne team.

Your right!!!!

But fact is your team constantly pushes boundaries. Constantly niggles, stretching the rules. Grapple tackles were perfected first by the Melbourne Storm and they are a cheap tactic. Rule clarifications have outlawed the practice.

And I watched last night, and the Storm players constantly handled the ball in the rucks.

And you can attack my opinions on logic and merit, but keep off the personal attacks Storm fans. Unless that, like Danny Williams, is the only way you can express yourselves.

This it turn into Bulls$it!!!!. West tigers does the exact same thing, if you can't see that, you are blind!!!. I saw the forward work the head of the Storm, don't say that Melbourne pushes the boundries of penalties.

hand in the ruck??? LMAO another Blind Freddy comment, Wests does it as well

Logic and merit, my raw hide, That the biggest load of crap and you are a Moron and if you somebody want to bring Danny willams into which was talking about Melbourne Pushing the boundries, you are a coward like Danny!!!!.

Jirskyr, time to get those Beer glasses off my friend and smell the roses because you are in LaLa land
Jirskyr, Who was the first team to be penalise for a gapple Tackle??? Not melbourne!!!! It was Stains George[/quote]

innsaneink

Referee
nrl_storm.gif
what a c0ck sucking team....with equally like minded supporters.
Get the f**k out, you losers!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Wrighty79

Juniors
The "grapple tackle" debate is similar to the Roosters "gang tackling" in 2002 which won them a comp. Personally I don't see too much wrong with it if it's done without 'malice'. Bellamy was never a dirty player and is by no means a dirty coach. I love Melbourne as a city, the people are tops and they love their sport. Melbourne Storm are up their with Newcastle as my second team (but a distant second it is). What Williams did was wrong and quite a cheap shot is somewhat under-estimating it when put into context, but I'm sure that Bellamy didn't tell Williams to put that shot on him. So, is Melbourne dirty?... No.

jirskyr

Juniors
Hoggy said:
jirskyr said:

I dare say if the Danny Williams incident didn't happen you wouldn't have said a thing.

Wow I'm glad Nostradamus is here to help us out.

I would have posted this regardless. Danny Williams being a thug has very little to do with your team working the ball at the play the ball.

Chemical, you know your team pushes the limits. Watch the replay and tell me honestly that Melbourne did not handle the ball post-tackle regularly during Sat's match. Compared to the Tigers they did it far far more. I wasn't commenting on any other stat - not high tackles, not grapple tackles. Just hands in the ruck.

I don't even care who invented hands in teh ruck, or who does it the most or whatever. Fact is your side did it all night. And guess what, you lost anyway. So suffer in your jocks.

jirskyr said:
Hoggy said:
jirskyr said:

Chemical, you know your team pushes the limits. Watch the replay and tell me honestly that Melbourne did not handle the ball post-tackle regularly during Sat's match. Compared to the Tigers they did it far far more. I wasn't commenting on any other stat - not high tackles, not grapple tackles. Just hands in the ruck.

I don't even care who invented hands in teh ruck, or who does it the most or whatever. Fact is your side did it all night. And guess what, you lost anyway. So suffer in your jocks.

Excuse me,(ref below this thread) YOUR the one that want to bring up Grapple tackle and being dirty and then condricted your self with first Melbourne being a dirty team and then said that One player does not make melbourne a dirty team

now you are narrowing it down to hands in the ruck and Grapple tackle to Hands in the ruck!!!! Yes Storm does put hands in the ruck maybe no more than any other team!!!! You look at other Teams style (not West or Melbourne)

jirskyr wrote

jirskyr

Juniors
Chemical:

You quoted right mate, now read it closely.

Before it was the grapple tackle, now its hands in the ruck.
In regards to Saturday's game I was commenting on the statistic of hands in the ruck, not the tackle methods. Grapple tackling was a previous line-ball action your team is not allowed to perform anymore.

Quoting yourself:
chemicalbrother said:
["condricted your self with first Melbourne being a dirty team and then said that One player does not make melbourne a dirty team"
Yes I did indeed say both. Melbourne are a dirty team, not because of one player, but because of ALL OF THEIR PLAYERS.

How can I respect the postings of someone who cannot spell or write coherent statements? Do us all a favour and bugger off back to the Storm forum.[/i]