What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Cup Day Selections

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Tomorrow's fields appear to be slightly easier than those on Derby Day... Ill be betting early to try and cover Melbourne Cup outlay.. Here we go

Race 1- Miss Broadway

Value- Nediyms Glow
Race 2- Candy Vale***
Race 3-Douro Valley**
Race 4-Very open race.. Flexi Boxed Trifecta 2-5-8-11-12-19
Race 5-Bel Denaro
Race 6-Funlove
Value-Ready for Catherine
Race 7-Eye Popper
Value-Demerger and Distinction
Race 8-Lord of lands
Race 9-Via De Lago
Race 10-N/S

Best Bet-Candy Vale- The horse should have won last start and I expect it to win comfortably. Hopefully TAB will be offering 4/1 but im expecting the horse to be shorter. Hopefully i'll be able to get up on the Trifecta and First Four standing Candy Vale out from 5 or 6 others.

Next Best-Douro Valley-Finished second in the SA Derby this year and the Derby is a good form reference for stayers. The horse has been finishing off races well ,is well weighted and has L Nolen in the saddle who has been riding well.

Im hoping these two horses set me up early for a great day on the punt. Good luck betting on Cup day

Nuffs

Bench
ok my tipe for tomorrow:

race 1 - # 4 Stings
race 2 - # 4 Candy Vale
race 3 - # 1 Brave Lancer
race 4 - # 11 Aqua D'Amore
race 5 - # 2 Line Account
race 6 - # 10 Flying Alpha
race 8 - # 14 Break The Vault
race 9 - # 11 Steptoe
race 10 - # 13 Al Tharb

and in the cup:

railings to win. little bet on the diva
quinellas and trifectas with railings, diva, greys inn, eye popper, demerger, mr celebrity and leica falcon

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!@!!

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Race 8- Zipping... I completely missed the horse when i was doin the from... Lord of the Lands still a good chance but i feel Zipping will be too good

Cletus

First Grade
I still hate these straight races. You've got no idea which side of the track is better. And if your horse is on the slow side you're screwed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
chemicalbrother said:
Twizzle, I was going to say he is betting on wiener because of the lack of one.

but that is nasty.

your's wasn't bad either

innsaneink

Referee
I got the quinella in the 2nd, just missed the tri too.

demerger in the big one.

I still hate these straight races. You've got no idea which side of the track is better. And if your horse is on the slow side you're screwed.

Then give em a miss.

ok, an accidental 6x trifecta. The girl at work marked the wrong boxes. I went to the TAB but noticed it after I paid for it so I re-bought her a box trifecta and kept the 6x one.

Pray for me you bastards.

1. Vinnie Roe
2. Makybe Diva
3. Railings

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
ok, an accidental 6x trifecta. The girl at work marked the wrong boxes. I went to the TAB but noticed it after I paid for it so I re-bought her a box trifecta and kept the 6x one.

Pray for me you bastards.

1. Vinnie Roe
2. Makybe Diva
3. Railings

Is it boxed?

waltzing Meninga said:
Is it boxed?

Nah, that was the mistake she made.

But, I couldn't hand it back because if I did I'd have a story for 30 years about how I handed back a 6x winning Cup Trifecta ticket.

It won't win because I didn't hand it back. lol