What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Game Thursday 15 August at 7.50 pm

CCJohnC

Juniors
Why Why Why would the NRL put the game of the round, if not season, on a Thursday Night? People have to work or like me have a regular Thursday Night commitment. I know neither team are Sydney or Brisbane and TV control the game. What a pity supporters have to suffer.

Fangs

Coach
The recent Sunday 2.00pm home games have been absolutely fantastic. You can feel the chill set in at 4.00pm when you leave the ground so they are great during the winter season.

My least favorite slot would be 6.00pm Sunday. It is lateish and its followed by Monday which is close to the worst day of the week (Tuesday is the worst of course). If its a Sunday game make it as early as possible so I can get home and mentally prepare myself for the new day.

I can get around Thursday 7.50pm because the next day is Friday and work isn't really important on Fridays if we are completely honest. Unlucky for those who work Thursday night but I would suggest leaving early for the pub (Or your fridge) when possible. Potentially make Thursday your RDO? There is always a way.

Iamback

Coach
The recent Sunday 2.00pm home games have been absolutely fantastic. You can feel the chill set in at 4.00pm when you leave the ground so they are great during the winter season.

My least favorite slot would be 6.00pm Sunday. It is lateish and its followed by Monday which is close to the worst day of the week (Tuesday is the worst of course). If its a Sunday game make it as early as possible so I can get home and mentally prepare myself for the new day.

I can get around Thursday 7.50pm because the next day is Friday and work isn't really important on Fridays if we are completely honest. Unlucky for those who work Thursday night but I would suggest leaving early for the pub (Or your fridge) when possible. Potentially make Thursday your RDO? There is always a way.

I know plenty of members around me couldn't make the Sunday games. So no timeslot fits for all hence why TV is and should remain king

Last edited: