What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne looking to dump Finch and poach Kelly

thedux

Juniors
.... and are willing to take less $$$s than their market value would actually dictate

And that comes down to the sales pitch from the coach and management group about the direction of the club. So it would seem that's something else other clubs are doing better than us at the moment...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Just on Kelly, I'm over him. If he stays, he stays. If he goes to Storm, seeya. The Dragons, Dogs and Knights have shown this season that you don't need a team of big dollar marquee players to play good footy. Just a bunch of hard workers who follow a game plan and have just enough talent to pull it off.

I tend to agree, why put alot of effort and investment in someone who has a history of letting himself, the club and his team mates down.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I tend to agree, why put alot of effort and investment in someone who has a history of letting himself, the club and his team mates down.

why not piss him off ages ago then instead of developing him for thieves like Melbourne?

Stagger eel

Staff member
why not piss him off ages ago then instead of developing him for thieves like Melbourne?

because you can't just lock up juniors for 10 year contracts so they can hang around, at then end of the day, if their heart is elsewhere instead of our club than maybe we should just cut our losses..play Mortimer ahead of him all year, play him off the bench in NYC while guys like Amosa, Galati and Murray develop their games.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly Melbourne offer f**k all to league, poach other clubs best Juniors and do nothing to promote the game themselves. And now we have an Origin game down there FFS.

El Diablo

Post Whore
because you can't just lock up juniors for 10 year contracts so they can hang around, at then end of the day, if their heart is elsewhere instead of our club than maybe we should just cut our losses..play Mortimer ahead of him all year, play him off the bench in NYC while guys like Amosa, Galati and Murray develop their games.

i'm not sure you understood what i was saying

if his heart was never at the club he should have been turfed years ago and money spent on developing a player we would get some benefit from

Suitman

Post Whore

if his heart was never at the club he should have been turfed years ago and money spent on developing a player we would get some benefit from

He hasn't gone yet.
Why give up now on one of the most talented players to come through our ranks for a long time.
He's still a kid, and he can still be guided in the right direction.
I still hold out hope.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member

where have I said that he's heart was never at the club?..

the kid isn't doing anything wrong in terms of his contract, he's still fullfilling it, he's probably not going to extend it beyond this year and if he doesn't than our club should counter act like any other club does and get the best possible replacement available.

Avenger

Immortal
He hasn't gone yet.
Why give up now on one of the most talented players to come through our ranks for a long time.
He's still a kid, and he can still be guided in the right direction.
I still hold out hope.

Suity

If we give him a shot this year we just may entice him to stay. I still reckon he will. From all reports we have been more then accomodating to his needs.

Suitman

Post Whore
If we give him a shot this year we just may entice him to stay. I still reckon he will. From all reports we have been more then accomodating to his needs.

That's what I think.
People here are talking as if he's already signed.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
That's what I think.
People here are talking as if he's already signed.

Suity

Suity it's just paper talk to up his price. For all we know the source of the article is probably this forum.

Remember Brett Morris was all but gone to the Dogs and Hayne was going to the Rabbits 2 years ago.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suity it's just paper talk to up his price. For all we know the source of the article is probably this forum.

Remember Brett Morris was all but gone to the Dogs and Hayne was going to the Rabbits 2 years ago.

I realise that. Strangely though, people run with paper talk.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He may not have gone yet but with the way things are i can't see us keeping him. If there weren't so many overpaid Nuffies on the books we could take a risk on him andf hope it comes off.

Avenger

Immortal
He may not have gone yet but with the way things are i can't see us keeping him. If there weren't so many overpaid Nuffies on the books we could take a risk on him andf hope it comes off.

The nuffies are being shown the door at seasons end or at least given directions to the Wenty lockers. Just ask Ben Smith, Brendan Oake and Josh Cordoba.

Suitman

Post Whore

We could always back-end his contract!! :lol:

Suity

El Diablo

Post Whore
where have I said that he's heart was never at the club?..

isn't that what you're saying here?

, if their heart is elsewhere instead of our club than maybe we should just cut our losses..play Mortimer ahead of him all year, play him off the bench in NYC while guys like Amosa, Galati and Murray develop their games.

the kid isn't doing anything wrong in terms of his contract, he's still fullfilling it, he's probably not going to extend it beyond this year and if he doesn't than our club should counter act like any other club does and get the best possible replacement available.

well we should make him an offer with a deadline. if he doesn't take it then stick him in first grade so it doesn't count towards our cap next year, but to that of the cub he signs with

The Colonel

Immortal
The nuffies are being shown the door at seasons end or at least given directions to the Wenty lockers. Just ask Ben Smith, Brendan Oake and Josh Cordoba.

Problem is being shown the Wenty lockers doesn't mean much if they still count under the cap.

Avenger

Immortal
Problem is being shown the Wenty lockers doesn't mean much if they still count under the cap.

In the short term yes. However in the long term a player like Ben Smith if he has any dignity will negotiate some sort of release. A bit like Brett Finch without the bells and whistles.

Hayne was freak in the Juniors so was Mateo, Kelly IMO I rate as a better player. He would be the best half we have produced since Sterlo and Kenny.

It would be a travesty to lose him after all the effort and money that we have invested in him. I hope he stays. He is Thurston like but quicker.