What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm= disgrace

Joely01

Bench
Look there are allready so much stuff written and said about this i just want to say a few things about this. Being a supporter of Rugby league and the Eels since i was born. I am just disgusted that a team could do what we have seen today, look im not gonna bag out melbourne fans in the street or say at the ground when we play them that storm are s**t etc because simply fans and some players have nothing to do with it, and wouldnt feel like a true nrl fan by doing so, look everyone one is angry especially manly and parra fans but dont bag out fans for suporting a club and helping there team survive. I am very angry at the storm management for putting the game into the position its in, considering new teams in different comps etc coming in and feel like the storm should be a club thats gets terminated or moved up to qld or across to WA. Gallop should say start again start everyones contracts again and make a new start. This just shows the storm were under pressure from afl etc in melbourne and couldnt cope so they had to CHEAT to make some sort of money, NRL TAKE THIS AS A HINT THAT RUGBY LEAGUE IN MELBOURNE DOESNT WORK GET THEM OUT OF THERE. look there is so much to talk about with this id be very interested to hear peoples veiws regarding anything to do with today.

I have been saying for a while that if Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia then how come a RL team based there has had so much success in it's short history yet it still can't get more than about 12,000 fans on average to a game? With players like that have if they were based anywhere in NSW or Qld they would near sellout every home game with the talent they have had over the years.
If it hasn't worked by now it never will, but the NRL needs a team there for TV rights as it is the 2nd biggest market behind Sydney and if there was no team in Melbourne then they could expect to get the $$ for the tv deal they want.
Not that ch9 gives the game any respect in Melbourne they show most of the games very late at night so it makes me wonder why it inflates the tv deal so much.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its one or two people who are a disgrace

nothing to do with anyone else or their fans

chill pill

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Molly was sh*t faced, made less sense than usual especially towards the end

I have been saying for a while that if Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia then how come a RL team based there has had so much success in it's short history yet it still can't get more than about 12,000 fans on average to a game? With players like that have if they were based anywhere in NSW or Qld they would near sellout every home game with the talent they have had over the years.
If it hasn't worked by now it never will, but the NRL needs a team there for TV rights as it is the 2nd biggest market behind Sydney and if there was no team in Melbourne then they could expect to get the $$ for the tv deal they want.
Not that ch9 gives the game any respect in Melbourne they show most of the games very late at night so it makes me wonder why it inflates the tv deal so much.

Yep, I fully agree.

Having lived in Melbourne, I have said all along that it wont work, and it never will. Its more than a culture - it is their entire lives.

Its like trying to establish Gridiron in the UK to compete with soccer, or trying to establish baseball in India. IT ISNT GOING TO WORK - PERIOD!

Parra Steve

Juniors
I took a picture of the Storm parking lot before the news broke out...

24851_439174807626_630292626_5618424_6273580_n.jpg

I am meeting one of my mates at the leagues club for lunch today. He doesnt know anything about RL. I have told him to go down to Peter Wynn's before he meets me, and buy a Storm jersey for half price & dared him to wear it into the club, shouting - GO STORM!

strider

Post Whore
I am meeting one of my mates at the leagues club for lunch today. He doesnt know anything about RL. I have told him to go down to Peter Wynn's before he meets me, and buy a Storm jersey for half price & dared him to wear it into the club, shouting - GO STORM!
he'll be OK - 99% of the people playing the pokies don't know anything about rugby league either :lol:

SDM

First Grade

:lol: With mates like you...........

Parra Guru

Coach

:lol: Gold!

Parra Steve

Juniors
Get your friend to turn up the grand final replay decked out in full storm colours, face paint, inflatabile hand, flag.

Kornstar

Coach
Yep, I fully agree.

Having lived in Melbourne, I have said all along that it wont work, and it never will. Its more than a culture - it is their entire lives.

Its like trying to establish Gridiron in the UK to compete with soccer, or trying to establish baseball in India. IT ISNT GOING TO WORK - PERIOD!

Reading the DT comments about this, those Melbourne AFL people are just morons, they are death riding them!!

I don't dislike AFL but i also don't like it too much either but i am happy for the Swans to be here and also not fazed by the GWS team either but those Melbourne people are a disgrace!!!!

Nothing wrong with competition!

J.hardiplank

Juniors
It should of easily worked in Melbourne, especially with that (cheating) side, and it hasn't and never will because their arrogance and just absolute hatred of anything to do, or come out of Sydney/NSW will always be too much for them, and for rugby league to overcome. Bunch of sad f*cks.

And like you said they have the balls to call themselves the 'sporting capital' along with the capital of everything else like food, cause we don't eat in Sydney nor do we have any restaurants.
The only thing they're the capital of is fn 'delusion and outrageous claims'. So infatuated with trying to better Sydney.

Capital of insecurity.

only half price? what a ripoff tell him to go down to olympic park they are giving them away in garbage bags
seriously though, all these retailers have stocks of storm jerseys and 2009 premiers gear they couldnt sell now with a free ferrari to each customer who is going to cover that loss? the nrl?

Last edited: