What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm Players to Souths?

Ttime

Juniors
Do you guys think any of the storm players will make the move to Souths?

Wouldn't be all that bad to see Cooper Cronk don the red and green.
Would love to see Inglis playing for us as well... though i doubt that would happen.

How many mid season movements from melbourne do you think there will be?

MattJ

Juniors
Honestly, i dont believe we will aquire any of the storms roster, although if i had my pick of who we got it would probably be 1st choice Cronk for obvious reasons, 2nd choice slater and 3rd choice Inglis.
A game breaker in the 1 or the 7 jersey would make us a very very strong side.

My understanding is that ours and most other clubs have virtually no cap space left for this year. Newcastle, with the loss of a couple of illeged drug dealers is probably the only team without a full roster so maybe one or two Storm players may transfer.

I reckon the most likely scenario is that the Melbourne rebels will swoop in and fill their boots with Storm players for next year.

If I were our recruitment manager, I'd be looking at the talent they have in the lower grades.

Triptych

Juniors
Your boys have no chance of picking up the Storm scraps. In fact, behind the Broncos, Roosters, the Bunnies will be the next on Schuberts radar. No hope of picking up new talent.

Look for the Knights, Bulldogs, NZ and Raiders to pick up a little. Everyone else will need brown paper bags.

Your boys have no chance of picking up the Storm scraps. In fact, behind the Broncos, Roosters, the Bunnies will be the next on Schuberts radar. No hope of picking up new talent.

Look for the Knights, Bulldogs, NZ and Raiders to pick up a little. Everyone else will need brown paper bags.

And how do you come to that conclusion?

I reckon Rusty is more concerned with trying to turn a profit than paying overs for a couple of players.

Sure, we have a forward pack to envy but have a look at the rest of our roster.

Big Sam

First Grade
You would expect best and wesser to depart, opening up some cap room. If sandow doesn't fire I wouldn't mind cronk. They've also got a few good kids in the 20s like widdop.

Souths are clean....so lets not go there, and I would be surprised if they nail any other clubs in 2010. It was always a little dicey how the Storm could build such a winning empire without breaching the cap....but now we know. Total rout.

Warriors will lose Price and may pick up a player or two, and Knights as suggested could go shopping for a strong Storm player. Wonder whether Cam Smith may jump ship - not sure on their contracts, how valid or how water-tight they now are? Is it worth the paper they're written on?

I feel for their supporters. Average fans like me or you. They don't deserve this, and neither does the great game of rugby league. The NRL is one of the finest run professional sports competitions in the world and this does their credibility no good whatsoever.

Big ups to Gallop though for lancing the cheaters and making them pay up. It may end the Storm and allow the AFL to regain full strength in Victoria, but at least this savage blow was dealt with in one giant hit.

Sugar

Bench
Let Asotasi go and use his $$ for Cronk and Tolman :crazy:
Let Crocker and Wesser and pick up Slater or Inglis :crazy:

someone slap me I'm dreamin

Fein

First Grade

:lol:

Two out of three is pretty good I must say.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
the titans are a long way ahead of anyone of the auditors radar.... the nrl has just shown news clubs are far from immune

the titans are a long way ahead of anyone of the auditors radar.... the nrl has just shown news clubs are far from immune

I agree. It will be interesting however if the $500,000 transfer fee paid to Sam Burgess club ends up having to be included in the salary cap.

Back to the topic Souths should sell as many players as it takes to get Cronk, I just hope the tigers beat you to him.

Last edited:

boo_boo

Juniors
Cooper Cronk would have to have complete control of everything he does if he came to Souths.
No interference from nobody, just let him do his job.
Signing him should be a priority.

NGR

Juniors
I agree. It will be interesting however if the $500,000 transfer fee paid to Sam Burgess club ends up having to be included in the salary cap.

Back to the topic Souths should sell as many players as it takes to get Cronk, I just hope the tigers beat you to him.

FFS, when will people read. The fee was payed to sam burgesses former club as compensation for releasing him early from his contract... Burgess doesnt see a cent... It does not count towards the salary cap and this has been said 100s of times...

rabbit0h8

Juniors
My first choice to buy from the storm would be cronk followed by Bellamy.
One of the only things we need after a good halfback is a good coach. I'm not saying Lang is a bad coach but he's getting old and Bellamy would have to be the 2nd best coach in the game.

NGR

Juniors
we probably wont get anyone... but if we dont resign wesser, tulz and best we would have the coin for GI or slater... Cronk would be awesome, but sandow isnt off contract, so we are stuck with him...

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Has Russel got that Brown paper bag ready again

Maybe he should give that bag to your broke arse club.

Better yet, give the money to that fat, demented, no idea grub that is Zorba so he can go and buy himself a Krispy Kreme franchise, it would be cheaper for him that way.

boo_boo

Juniors
we probably wont get anyone... but if we dont resign wesser, tulz and best we would have the coin for GI or slater... Cronk would be awesome, but sandow isnt off contract, so we are stuck with him...

NGR, contracts dont mean a thing these days.
Sandow needs to lift his his game to the standard required & asap.

FFS, when will people read. The fee was payed to sam burgesses former club as compensation for releasing him early from his contract... Burgess doesnt see a cent... It does not count towards the salary cap and this has been said 100s of times...

Still without paying it you don't get him to your club. I am still unsure why it shouldn't count towards the cap or rich clubs could buy all the best players from England. I would still be surpised if Burgess got none of the money, in EPL part of the transfer fee usually goes to the player.

Fein

First Grade
Still without paying it you don't get him to your club. I am still unsure why it shouldn't count towards the cap or rich clubs could buy all the best players from England. I would still be surpised if Burgess got none of the money, in EPL part of the transfer fee usually goes to the player.

Mate, you're comparing Soccer to Rugby League.

Souths ran the whole thing by the NRL before hand anyway.