What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne Storm Players to Souths?

liquor box

Juniors
My first choice to buy from the storm would be cronk followed by Bellamy.
One of the only things we need after a good halfback is a good coach. I'm not saying Lang is a bad coach but he's getting old and Bellamy would have to be the 2nd best coach in the game.

Belamy first, and then get him to recruit Cronk.

Stephen Kearny may be looking for a job as coach if they are trying to save money.

Sugar

Bench
Still without paying it you don't get him to your club. I am still unsure why it shouldn't count towards the cap or rich clubs could buy all the best players from England. I would still be surpised if Burgess got none of the money, in EPL part of the transfer fee usually goes to the player.

SALARY cap.

Not one cent went to Burgess therefore the RELEASE fee went to his former club.
No $$$ to Burgess = No SALARY for Burgess

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I highly Doubt Slater will play for a sydney club.

I reckon he'll move to either Brisbane or the Cowboys. Both those teams need a fullback and both have big name players coming off contract/being released at the end of the year.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I reckon the players Souths could most use are the players they have little or no chance of getting.

Slater will play for Storm, a Queensland team, or head overseas. Small chance of him jumping to Union as well.

I reckon Inglis is a bit of a mercenary and will go wherever the biggest coin is ... Souths could potentially pay it, but they shouldn't and hopefully wouldn't. Most likely to go overseas.

As alluded to somewhere else, Cronk will stick close to Bellamy in my opinion. He's got loyalty stamped all over him. Plus he'd be the cheapest of the four stars to keep and therefore potentially the smartest one to keep given the importance of his position and the fact that Finch is unlikely to be retained.

As for guys who aren't really needed, Smith will play for the Storm or go overseas. I jsut can't see him going somewhere else. If he did, you can beat your house that it'd likely be a Queensland team. I just don't see it though.

Tolman is probably the most gettable. Excellent young talent. I think he'll attract better offers from teams that are more desperate for frontrowers than the Bunnies, though.

Blair and Hoffman will be too expensive for what they could bring to the Bunnies, I reckon.

Purely speculation/opinion on my part.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Tolman is probably the most gettable. Excellent young talent. I think he'll attract better offers from teams that are more desperate for frontrowers than the Bunnies, though.

Blair and Hoffman will be too expensive for what they could bring to the Bunnies, I reckon.

Purely speculation/opinion on my part.
I agree on Tolman he would be a good replacement for Stuart who has another year before he retires let Crossman and McPherson go and sign Tolman I'm for that.

boo_boo

Juniors
Hoffman would look good in a Souths jersey.
But i still think we should make signing Cooper Cronk a priority.
Maybe even Bellamy as well if their relationship is that strong.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I agree on Tolman he would be a good replacement for Stuart who has another year before he retires let Crossman and McPherson go and sign Tolman I'm for that.

have you watched any of our game this year?! macpherson has been one of our best/most consistent players. some people have to get over their hatred of players

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
have you watched any of our game this year?! macpherson has been one of our best/most consistent players. some people have to get over their hatred of players
I don't hate him but when was the last time he made a clean break,Tolman makes them all the time plus he is a good defender.

Rich102

Staff member
Souths are clean....so lets not go there, and I would be surprised if they nail any other clubs in 2010. It was always a little dicey how the Storm could build such a winning empire without breaching the cap....but now we know. Total rout.

Warriors will lose Price and may pick up a player or two, and Knights as suggested could go shopping for a strong Storm player. Wonder whether Cam Smith may jump ship - not sure on their contracts, how valid or how water-tight they now are? Is it worth the paper they're written on?

I feel for their supporters. Average fans like me or you. They don't deserve this, and neither does the great game of rugby league. The NRL is one of the finest run professional sports competitions in the world and this does their credibility no good whatsoever.

Big ups to Gallop though for lancing the cheaters and making them pay up. It may end the Storm and allow the AFL to regain full strength in Victoria, but at least this savage blow was dealt with in one giant hit.

Good post. Agree with you. (Ergo. It must have been a good post.)

Ike E Bear

Juniors

I'm very much coming around to this point of view.

I honestly think that McPherson is a bit of a waste of space as a backrower. Sure can be a tackling machine, but you don't need too many of those at a club (Lowe is fulfilling those requirements and Clark seems like he might be one of those too ... he actually reminds me a bit of Tongue, just with a tonne of errors in his game due to inexperience) and they are generally wasted coming off the bench, where you'd rather have impact.

That said, McPherson seems to have put on some bulk since last year and has been working it up the middle as a prop.

If his asking price isn't too high and no other club is gagging for him and driving up his price, then I think it'd be very wise to retain him.

Some players always seem to lift when they are playing for contracts and I hope that's not all it is with McPherson ... but he's been great in 2010.