What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

melbourne tri nations

hitamn

Juniors
with melbourne in the GF and interest in league rising the ARL cant afford to miss the opportunity for the tri nation test. they shouls be promoting the hell out of it now, showcasing the superstars on tv and telling ppl they must get to the game. it might not work in sydney or brisbane but melbourne should really look at getting a sellout crowd there to cheer the aussies on

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yes I think Melbourne should be specials to get one, they don't have any International winter sports to follow.

Spot on, good post and good for RL.

Well I've seen plenty of advertising for the TN at the grounds and on fox and on the NRL website.

But you're right, a commercial similar to the one they ran for origin 3 would do wonders.

I hope they manage to get a big crowd for the test that is down there. That will go with:

a minor (maybe major) premiership, sold out Origin match, home semi, massive ratings for the preliminary final and hopefully 1 million for the grand final..

Get that up ya Fitzgerald.

Ice777

Bench
I'm not sure what the figures are for ticket sales atm, but they were selling pretty steadily when they went on sale a couple of months ago. As the thread suggests the ARL really have to concentrate on selling the game and heavily advertise it in the 3 week window they have between the GF and the tri nations game and if they do as i'm sure they will, i think you'll see a very good crowd for it. Especially seeing as it falls on a Saturday night and them moving the seats in at Telstra Dome for only the second time since it's opened.

Ice777 said:
I'm not sure what the figures are for ticket sales atm, but they were selling pretty steadily when they went on sale a couple of months ago. As the thread suggests the ARL really have to concentrate on selling the game and heavily advertise it in the 3 week window they have between the GF and the tri nations game and if they do as i'm sure they will, i think you'll see a very good crowd for it. Especially seeing as it falls on a Saturday night and them moving the seats in at Telstra Dome for only the second time since it's opened.

Ice , whats the story with the seats being able to move in at the telstra dome, why dont they ever do it during the afl season when a rugby league or union game is held there? is it damage to the field or a contract with the afl?

b/c telstra stadium seem to be able to do it with no problems.

Ice777

Bench
The main reasons they don't move the seats in during the AFL season herbert is because they have to rip up the turf to reveal the tracks on which they slide and it also takes about 8 hours to move them into position. It's also a pretty expensive exercise to do it so that's why they don't do it that often. It has alot of wear and tear on the turf and because there's at least one AFL game there a week the surface has to be well up to scratch to avoid injury.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No doubt there's gonna be a number of Kiwis there. I heard theres about 20,000 sold, not bad but would be good if there was 20-30,000 more.

Ice777

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
No doubt there's gonna be a number of Kiwis there. I heard theres about 20,000 sold, not bad but would be good if there was 20-30,000 more.

I've got no doubt at all it'll draw over 30,000 and i'll go as far to say it might even get over 40,000 if promoted properly. After the initial announcment and advertising for it, there has been f**k all else after that but there's no doubt it'll start pretty much straight after the GF and run off the interest that brings, especially if we win the big one.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Why dont they advertise it at the GF? I mean they shouldve done that last year when they got a p1ss poor crowd at Telstra because they didnt promote it and didnt care.

Wiki Worriers

Juniors
I think it will depend on the opening game,if its close game or we win then there should be a huge crowd,if you wallop us like in the anzac test not so great.

phonetic

Juniors
There's an ad running on foxtel which is similar to the Melbourne origin one. They've also been playing it at all NRL semi finals.

I'm not sure how much exposure it would be getting down south. If the NRL were serious about it, they'd surely be running the ad consistantly. You'd like to think that'll be screened a few times on Sunday night.

I've got my tickets for the match. I can't wait.

Gibbo

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Why dont they advertise it at the GF? I mean they shouldve done that last year when they got a p1ss poor crowd at Telstra because they didnt promote it and didnt care.

Yeah it is dissapointing that they don't do any advertising at the GF, but you'll probably find that its because the NRL looks after the GF whilst the ARL look after the tri-nations. It's pretty stupid i know, but that's the way it is :roll: .
Considering that nine screens both the GF and the tri-nations you would think that they would be the one's plugging it during the breaks in the GF, especially for the benefit ofaudiences in Melbourne and Brisbane who both have tri-nations games.

Ice777

Bench
phonetic said:
There's an ad running on foxtel which is similar to the Melbourne origin one. They've also been playing it at all NRL semi finals.

I'm not sure how much exposure it would be getting down south. If the NRL were serious about it, they'd surely be running the ad consistantly. You'd like to think that'll be screened a few times on Sunday night.

The main way to do it down here is get the ads on free to air tv and probably the best way is advertise in the Herald Sun. It's the biggest selling newspaper Australia wide if you whack it in the sports section as they did with the Origin 3 ads were you can't help but see them.

Hoops

Juniors
phonetic said:

That ad's been running on Ch9 in melbourne for a couple of weeks or more now

ouwet

Bench
Hoops said:
That ad's been running on Ch9 in melbourne for a couple of weeks or more now

That's great!! They should advertise it atleast ONCE during the AFL Grand Final... Godness knows how many times the AFL and Swans advertise there stuff during Rugby League matches.

phonetic

Juniors
Good news about the ad being shown down south.

It'd be worth slipping it in a few times during the AFL grand final. But moreso in the NRL grand final. If they're liking what they're seeing from the GF, the ad gives them all the info they need to get a ticket to see the international side of the game.

ali

Bench
I agree. I'd say if we don't get an even Tri Nations, then the Melbourne game could be the biggest crowd of the tournament. In fact, if they can get over 40,000 then they should beat Sydney twice. Because even if the Sydney games sellout, the useless SCG / SFS members wont fill their area.

Latest posts