What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne v Brisbane *Spoilers*

NPK

Bench
weasel said:
David Kidwell's flick pass for one of those tries was simply sublime.

Yea but he could have passed it inside for an easier try that would also have been right under the posts.

I guess he was just having fun :)

Jae

Juniors
chemicalstorm said:
Jae said:
DIEHARD said:
Storm have won it....

Unstoppable. I wonder what the Melbourne papers will have to say tomorrow.

DEMONS BEAT BULLDOGS!

YOu sir, are a bonafide arsehole.

Lol what? I like the Storm, I think it's a shame that the AFL states don't pay any attention to rugby league at all. I can sympathise with you, being from Sydney and having to live in Adelaide where apparentely the chubby guy who plays for the Crows talking about some random guy coming onto the bench for their next game is worthy of prime time coverage. Calm down.

Bomber

Bench
Not often that the Broncos concede 50 and the Cowboys score 50 in the same round - for the last ten years the opposite was often the case.

Also, it only took the Cowboys six games to concede 50 points (lost 6-60 vs Norths), yet it took the Broncos seventeen seasons and four games.

Premiership games played before conceding 50 points
(All games pre 1983 adjusted to current point scoring rules i.e. three point tries boosted to four points)

534 - EASTS
510 - Souths
425 - Brisbane
174 - Newtown
134 - Glebe
153 - Newcastle
115 - Auckland/NZ Warriors
113 - Annandale
108 - Penrith
74 - Melbourne
48 - Balmain
35 - St George Illawarra
30 - North Sydney
22 - South Qld
20 - Cronulla, Wests Tigers
17 - Adelaide
15 - Parramatta
14 - St George
10 - Illawarra
9 - Cumberland
8 - Northern Eagles
7 - Canberra, Gold Coast
6 - North Qld
4 - Manly
3 - Canterbury
2 - University, Western Reds, Wests

Premiership games played before conceding 50 points
(taking into account three point tries as well)

820 - SOUTHS
807 - Newtown
539 - Easts
436 - Cronulla
425 - Brisbane
387 - Balmain
338 - St George
153 - Newcastle
151 - Penrith
150 - Annandale
115 - Auckland/NZ Warriors
86 - Parramatta
74 - Melbourne
35 - St George Illawarra
30 - North Sydney
28 - Wests
22 - South Qld
20 - Wests Tigers
17 - Adelaide
10 - Illawarra
8 - Northern Eagles
7 - Canberra, Gold Coast
6 - North Qld
5 - Canterbury
4 - Manly
3 - University
2 - Western Reds

Red Bear

Referee
Course that 60-6 win wasnt our biggest ever against the Cowboys, the 62-0 victory was(Flo's last official home game :D )

Jae said:
Lol what? I like the Storm, I think it's a shame that the AFL states don't pay any attention to rugby league at all. I can sympathise with you, being from Sydney and having to live in Adelaide where apparentely the chubby guy who plays for the Crows talking about some random guy coming onto the bench for their next game is worthy of prime time coverage. Calm down.

I hear that...I hate this town...I remember with a smile the year not so long ago (think it was around 2000) when both AFL teams here were in the bottme handful and there was a cloud of misery overhanging the streets, I was skipping along like Dorothy following the yellow brick road

LESStar58

Referee
NPK said:
weasel said:
David Kidwell's flick pass for one of those tries was simply sublime.

Yea but he could have passed it inside for an easier try that would also have been right under the posts.

I guess he was just having fun :)

Kiddy's a smart arse! That pass looked wicked on tele!

If memory serves Smith converted the try that Bell scored off THAT pass ;-)

Surandy

Bench
Official crowd was 12,149.

Interesting to consider that the only Broncos try came off a Billy Slater error when he passed the ball straight to Lockyer. Had that not have happened then would Brisbane have scored at all?

Ghoulies

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Lockyer really can't defend. Time to move back to FB.

:lol: :lol:

I hope this bait is intentional....

Forgotten the Tri Nations final already?

As it was shown last year, Lockyer is twice the five-eigth he is the full-back.

As for his defence, it wouldn't have mattered who you put at five eigth, no one could have stopped the Storms attack up the fringes. Besides he did ok against the mighty Roosters.

Latest posts