What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mellor

Sharkie73

Bench
Its time for him to go, I've been a fan of his but after tonight its obviouse he is past it. 2 easy trys down his side he's not defending effectivly enough to be in the top grade. Even the comentry tonight highlited that right centre is a big concern.
I think Mellars will be the better option he went ok tonight IMO he should have started at right centre not Mellor.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Sharkie73 said:
Its time for him to go, I've been a fan of his but after tonight its obviouse he is past it. 2 easy trys down his side he's not defending effectivly enough to be in the top grade. Even the comentry tonight highlited that right centre is a big concern.
I think Mellars will be the better option he went ok tonight IMO he should have started at right centre not Mellor.

:lol:

Once more S73! Vagana is right centre. But he should go too anyway.

Sharkie73

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
:lol:

Once more S73! Vagana is right centre. But he should go too anyway.

Bugger I was just coming in here to change it and you beat me again:lol:

millersnose

Post Whore
gee the anti mellor hysteria is afargingmazing

one bad tckle

one where he had his guy and dykes actually knocked him off

some good runs making good meters

some great passes

besides peachey i think he was the only one who created attck for the sharks

flame away

BeenThere

Juniors
millersnose said:

one bad tckle

some great passes

flame away
You are deadset KIDDING! There is so much denial in this post a therapist would be kept in consultations for the next 6 months!

millersnose

Post Whore
i call it as i see it Beeny

i cant beleive everyone is jumping on the "its mellors fault" band wagon when we have in the side a guy that killed 3 of our attacking raids on the line and missed a 3rd of his tackles and provided only confusion from dummy half

i think it is clear sullivan pretty much single handedly cost us that game

sullivan is probably the only player i would drop

but hey its more fashionable to blame mellor and simmons

millersnose said:

one bad tckle

some great passes

flame away
i agree a bit

he made at least three shocking mistakes, the two tackles, the lazy attempt at peach's pass

but in the second half at least he made some good strong runs, i doubt our other centres would have scored that second try he did

beenthere time to move on and quit the white-anting.

BeenThere

Juniors
Joe's Milk Bar said:
i agree a bit

he made at least three shocking mistakes, the two tackles, the lazy attempt at peach's pass

but in the second half at least he made some good strong runs, i doubt our other centres would have scored that second try he did

beenthere time to move on and quit the white-anting.
Another in denial. No white anting in my posts, I am just here to keep the bastards honest and if you and you milk bar fit in to this category, so be it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
millersnose said:
i call it as i see it Beeny

i cant beleive everyone is jumping on the "its mellors fault" band wagon when we have in the side a guy that killed 3 of our attacking raids on the line and missed a 3rd of his tackles and provided only confusion from dummy half

i think it is clear sullivan pretty much single handedly cost us that game

sullivan is probably the only player i would drop

but hey its more fashionable to blame mellor and simmons

It's not his fault. It's Raper's fault because he designed the defensive pattern that isolates people and he designed the offensive pattern that sees the left side largely ignored.

Mellor was bad but he's just a symptom of the greater malaise. Just like Simmo, Bird, Sully, Goldy, Merritt etc etc the list goes on and on.

However as a De La Salle product his job is probably safe for 15 years yet.

He needs to go now.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
mellor had an awful game two weeks in a row Millers.
dead set don't know what your watching.
you pick out sullys 3 missed tackles but not only ignore BK's 10 but say hisdefense was good.
Now Mellor made 3 of the worst tackles at left centre in the history of the sharks.
Ever. They resulted in good breaks or tries.
Look, I like mellor, but he is injured & should not have been on the field for a start, but to say he his game was anything above extremely poor, is silly.
As it is to bag sullys defense & not kimmorleys.

Frenzy.

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
you pick out sullys 3 missed tackles but not only ignore BK's 10 but say hisdefense was good.
Now Mellor made 3 of the worst tackles at left centre in the history of the sharks.
Ever. They resulted in good breaks or tries.
Look, I like mellor, but he is injured & should not have been on the field for a start, but to say he his game was anything above extremely poor, is silly.
As it is to bag sullys defense & not kimmorleys.

It's been reported on the footy show just now that he is in trouble again and will be off for yet more scans on Monday.

The Big Show must wonder why he came back as every time he is here the coach at the time pushes him to play injured.

millersnose

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:

i dont think he played well over all

i am just amazed that he is singled out when there were much worse players

well thats ok

i dont agree with your summation either

sully missed more than 3

kimmorley missed tackles but not as a result of being frightened of getting hurt and he went looking for defensive work not trying to hide like sully

oiverall a good defensive game for a little man

gee thats very lyrical

he made 1 shocker that let a try in

he had his man on another occasion and was then knocked out of it by dykes

i think there was another missed tackle which i didnt view clearly

in attack he was the only outside back to make any impact besides peachey

sharkman1507

Juniors
righto.... kind of a fair call about Mellor.but i think you need to chill a bit.you see there were no compaints when mellor is scoring tries for us.i think we will get to see how mellars goes and then make a statement if needed.if you are keen to blame an individual maybe have a look at the sh*thouse form of Brett Kimmorley.ok... his confidence has taken a beating but do the sharks as a team have to as well?.drop him.............. we have stood by him enough...... lets see how he goes when he doesnt think that he has a cemented spot in first grade each week.
oohhhhhh.........chris bloody anderson........anyone have his address? :evil:

Thomo.

First Grade
sharkman i think you need to chill out too!

in regards to mellor, there was a large portion of the crowd at the souths chanting his name after he scored those tries. he does have some support amongst the little people

Yep, I was one of those. We respect Paul for his achievements in the past but we also realistically know that "the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be" and that Paul is limited by his injuries.

Thomo.

First Grade
tom of poland said:
Yep, I was one of those. We respect Paul for his achievements in the past but we also realistically know that "the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be" and that Paul is limited by his injuries.

great simpsons quote tom. i agree with you. hang on is that a simpsons quote. no a different version:)