What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melon-Return Serve ...The Mighty Bunnies V's The Rorters Rou

Slugs

Anthony Minichiello
One of my favorite Rooster players so I was upset to hear he might not be playing against the Bunnies. Apparently he has some “personal” issues and may stand down. This stemmed from the commencement of legal action via Laurie Daley who insists that he owns the copyright on “Joke Noses” and insists Mini take the false one off and use his real nose. Also, Ricky Stuart has concerns about Mini’s nose and thinks it is related to some of his recent dropped balls and missed tackles. “Mini, a nose like that can cast big shadows on the field late in the day, take it off mate” Stuart was heard to comment.

Brad Watts has been concentrating on shadow boxing this week to counter Mini’s unfair shadow advantage.

Eric Grothe
“Hormone” Grothe, spectacular player. Simply for the reason he is keeping another loser on the bench, Chris Walkout. Also known as Tampon because he’s in for one week and out for three. Good utility value, has been known to take his guitar out and sing the Roosters his verion of The Beatle’s “I’m A Loser” when playing Dragons, Panthers, Tigpies and Big Bad Bunnies. Tune it up Eric.

That fine young winger Luke MacDougall will be wearing a good solid set of ear plugs in case Hormone tries to distract him with his wailings of “I’m A Loser”.

Shannon Hegarty
Nicknamed "Latino Heat" by the Roosters fans - not sure if that is because he favours the Brazilian down south? Also not the brightest bulb in the chicken coup, has been known to trip over cordless phones, and that’s when he’s ON the field.
Has recently won an award for Shiniest Head In Rugby League.

David Fa’alogo will be adopting the “Sunglasses” defence against Hegarty’s radiation.

Ryan Cross
”Burna” is a strange one. Looks a bit like an albino from one of those freaky sixties sci-fi movies and we’re still not sure if he can speak. Sometimes known as The Loch Ness Monster” because you always hear his name, but he’s always hiding.

Shane Rigon has spent a bit of time with the Discovery Channel this week to further his knowledge on “fictitious creatures”.

Todd Byrne
Strangely nicknamed “Carpet”, maybe since moving to Sydney he has been made to bat for the other side? Those carpet burns play hell on the knees, I know it’s true as Craig told me. Was normal when a Souths Junior, but damn has he dropped!

The Wise One will be wearing Velcro gloves in order to combat the static electricity built up on Byrne by all his *ahem* activities on said carpet.

Brad Fittler
Ahh Freddy. He must be confused. A week ago the Roosters forum were abusing him left right and centre over his apparent leaving. But magically this week he is their Messiah again. Still, confusion has gone hand in hand with Brads career, maybe it’s dementia? He’s just turned 49 and you just have to love that type of attitude from an old dude. Plays well once every seven weeks, this is one of his off weeks so he could well be Souths highest tryscorer on Saturday.

When asked how he would combat Fittler, The Mighty O asked: “Fittler? I remember my Dad telling me he was good once, is he still playing?”

Brett Finch
A very smart buy for the Roosters. Buying the son of the boss of the Ref’s has ensured the Roosters continue to reap the benefits of all close decisions. That’s the reason Billy Harrigan helped them so much last year, he knew where the Budgie was flying to.

Shane Walker has promised to let Finch tackle him at least once so that Daddy doesn’t sin bin his son.

Jason Cayless
“Hobo” Cayless. He lives at Town Hall station in a box, albeit a big box. Well, could you have a shave, a haircut AND look human if your bathroom consisted of the inside of a Corn Flakes box? Go easy on him, he’s just learned to put thongs on. TWO of them!
Has a brother that can actually play and uses the principles of personal hygiene on a daily basis.

The Machine Andrew Hart will show a little Hart towards Hobo and throw him a nice shiny 50 cent piece at the end of the game.

Craig Wing
……lol……whoops, excuse my distraction there for a moment please. I just noticed an ad on the TV for a Queen video just as I started typing this, life is strange isn’t it? Maybe Craig likes Queen?
Not a bad player, but he’s tiring of being behind Danny Buderus….or is he? He’s good in the scrums, the tighter it gets the happier little Craigie is, so Ricky picks him at Hooker?

The Doctor has been asked to treat Wing VERY fairly, Souths do not want a court case over vilification. Even if Craig does ask the Doctor for a prostate test.

Todd Payten
The Mullet. Still thinks Jimmy Barnes should be PM, lists Barry MacKenzie as an influence and has Winfield Red wallpaper in his room. Apart from the facts that he is fat, lazy, can’t play and lacks any sense of taste in fashion he’s been one of the Roosters best buys.

Paul Stringer has decided to sing a chorus of Working Class Man every time Mullet gets the ball. So many hand overs will help us.

Adrian Morley
Ere bah goom laddie, arm ere to pler fooootball. The Roosters need our sympathy, how can a man that speaks in tongues communicate with his team? “Soap” Morley is a pom and carries the expected traits.

Lord Fletch is going to dispose of him early by throwing a nice new bar of soap at him with a set of instructions. “Ere, ava wash lad”.

Stuart Webb
“Charlotte” is a bit of a mystery. I even rang his closest listed contact to try to get some info on Charlotte Neville Webb. It was the CES.

Luke Stuart faces an unknown Neville of Webbery, Luke for a great performance.

Luke Ricketson
The Goldfish. I always call him that because if you look at his face side on he looks a bit like a guppie. Very loyal to the Roosters and has been a career player. But I guess a total lack of interest from CEO’s and Player Managers might have helped his loyalty.

Ashley The Great will tackle this old dude into oblivion, if he doesn’t feel sorry for guppies.

Tevita Metuisela
All I could find out is that the reason he has a strange first name is that his parents were big fans of American TV but couldn’t spell “TV”. Their son has inherited his intelligence from them. Can they spell “Neville”?

Andrew Lomu
Sharkbait: Mwahahahahahaa. Decided to remain “right” handed so has left for purer oceans with the Sharks. Hope it’s not too late.

Chad Robinson
Will’s big brother from Lost In Space, which he will be.

Chris Walker
I’m sorry, all I can do is laugh.