What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members announcement GI until 2020

Travitoh

First Grade
The late Artie Beetson always reckoned he'd be the best 2nd rower in the game as he slows down a bit in his 30s!!

A mate and i have said the same thing for a few years now too. Would add some versatility to the 17 while being a starting 13 player.

Best news for Souths Sydney.....can't believe people are doubting this signing.
There's only 4-5 players that are a walk-in to the Australian team and we happen to lock one up for the next four years and we aren't happy with it.

To be honest, i won't be happy with it until AR commits to the club. Nothing against GI at all, he is an amazing player, one of the best of his generation but i believe that Reynolds is more important to the side and we can not afford to lose him. Personally, I'd take AR over GI

Pommy

Coach
I think the smarter option would have been to extend his contract 1 year at a time.

I doubt a player of GIs stature would take a deal like that. He would almost certainly want to be better paid if he was going to take such a deal.
If he has a serious injury he can retire and get paid out by the insurance like whats his name did at Para.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Guys it has been revealed that GI was close to going to the Storm and had several calls to Bellamy.

Also he thought about going to Brisbane.

In the end I think his wife really wanted to stay in SYDNEY and GI knew it was what was best to stay with The Pride of the League.

Plus I think GI really likes our indigenous works we do in the community.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/81c4f0b9c58dd83331ea1af7e1b29850

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm tipping we'll keep AR til the end of 2020 also.

AR is constantly rumoured to leave the club, but he's a Souths boy his whole
family supports Souths. I think it would take a LOT of money to persuade him otherwise and then another club would just be paying overs for him.