What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships

Bluebag

Juniors
Very soon memberships will be sent out for next year and the growing importance to the club is a major reason we need to grow our base. Every member should be trying to sign up 1 new member and bring along1 person to each game next year.So when you get yours please do your best to bring along a new Jets fan.

bluebag43

Juniors
I like the idea of a voucher for the merchandise for the more expensive membership packages, that way people like myself who have got most of the T-Shirts can choose something else from the stall when the season starts.

TWO suggestions to include in our range are Flags which are really good for letting the players know where their supporters are especially at Away games and Blue and White big umbrella's.

2 True Blues

Coach
Brought the flag suggestion up two seasons ago and got nailed on the head about it, however still think that it is a great idea.

Jeffles

Bench
Hey guys.

Merchandise ranges are all about costings. Flags, brollies (and old style footy scarves) wouldbe great but it is a matter of finding a supplier that can do it at a reasonable price. The quantities we order are very small and so it is hard to get a decent rate and a decent profit margin.

Be sure that we are always looking at expanding our merchandise range. The great pioneer of the merchandise (TDT-1) started a good thing for us way back when.

Jeffles

Bench
newtownbluebags said:
I wonder if the advertising potential of "day of issue" items such as paper pennants, stickers etc are truly appreciated by the club? Printed paper items are cost negligible when compared with prepackaged imported plastic crap. Food for thought maybe? or another brickwall?

I think this is a bit unfair on the club.

The club acknowledges the success that its stickers have had in promoting our "brand". It's been discussed at length on this forum several times.

Jeffles

Bench
I understand. I assure you things are getting better.

In the past, good ideas got poo pooed because of certain personalities. These days, they get poo pooed because of time and money - a step in the right direction so to speak.

I thing your car window thingy would make a great poster.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I can email a perfect crisp scan to anyone who might be able to reproduce it in some way,,the original company would be long gone so should be no problems there! 73 or earlier,,yes I know money and time would be tight and can appreciate that,,,just love to see the Jets get as much exposure as possible!

Jeffles

Bench
Merchandise is already a prize for stand alone Jim Beam Cup games. The thing about the existing prizes is that they cost us nothing - your comments are totally valid though and you are not the first person to make them. Often I think people don't buy raffle tickets because they don't like the prizes or are unable to receive the prizes. Stay tuned.

Any unwanted meat trays can be sent to me (properly refrigerated, of course) here in Shanghai.

You'd be amazed at what proper Aussie "mystery bags" cost here.

Regards,
TDT-1

I don't think I understand what you're getting at, newtownbluebags.

Also, your sig:

"30 PLUS YEARS A FAN = BLOW IN" seems about right to me - 30 years is nothing in Bluebag terms. Me, I'm coming up for 40 years, but it's as nothing compared to Frank Speechley, Terry Lane (I hope the lovely old chap is still with us) and many others who are out past 60+ years.

In any case, what matters is not how many years you've enjoyed watching the Jets/Bags go round (or making zany suggestions you never have to carry out yourself), it's how much you've done to keep 'em flying.

On this basis, despite his youth, Jeffles gets my vote as a true Bluebag.

In short, if you do the work, then you can expect the credit (and not before).

TDT-1