What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memberships

hrundi99

First Grade
You're obviously a passionate guy NBB.

Why don't you volunteer and help the team directly next year? The club would appreciate the help.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I would but I live out of Sydney but am looking at relocating in the future so I hope that would be an option somewhere down the track.

Touched a nerve, there, did I?

So the boil-down of all that bombast is that you've never done sh*t beyond buy a beer and watch the team go round. Oh! And whinge.

Big effort

So therefore, my challenge stands.

If you want a bigger say, by all means exercise your right and stand at the next club elections.

As I found out myself, if you do, you'll soon find out how much hard (and totally unpaid) yakka goes into getting the boys out on the park at Henson.

All you have to do is stick your hand up and be prepared to do some work instead of just mouthing off. Plus, you'll learn the realities of survival at our level of the RL food chain.

Until you have, then disparaging the efforts of others is the act of a pea-heart - not a Bluebag.

Don't have that much time? Then just make your ideas "do-able" for the club and present them seriously rather than just complain they're not happening the way you'd like.

One big problem the club has (aside from a lack of cashflow and realisable assets), is one of manpower.

So every time you have a genius idea that you think will make the club a zillion, why not work it out properly? Get prices on the goods/services required, line up real suppliers and make it into a viable proposal so the club can action it if the numbers stack up.

Plus, you say:

If my suggestions and or questions have caused such a windbag response then I must obviously be asking/making the difficult questions/suggestions? you know the type any paid up member of the club is/should be able to ask or put forward.

Feel free to try and make those sort of suggestions as a member at Parramatta or the Roosters or the Dogs. See how far you'd get.

At least here it's easy to get ahold of the people who can help you make it happen. The Jets don't stop ANYONE from trying to help - if that's what you really want to do instead of just complain.

Jeffles

Bench
NBB I understand your passion. You want the club to succeed and so youdemand a lot of it.

The challenges TDT-1 is issuing to you now are not unfamiliar to me. He issued the same challenges to me some 4 years ago and I am damned glad he did. I've had some great times at Henson Park, made friends that I will know for a lifetime and I have developed a real appreication for the club beyond what I had as a match goer.

People I want nothing but free love and happiness on this forum. We are all Jets and so we should be united in our cause. Let's not get nasty. JETS now and forever. Let's find some middle ground. NBB your ideas are very welcome and the jets should strice to improve all the time. But sometimes good ideas are beyond the realm of the club because they do not have the resources. TDT-1 people contribute to the club in many different ways and we should appreciate every contribution how big or small it is.

Koslecki will certainly not appreciate this free love approach but I have no choice. we are too small a club to start infighting. UP THE JETS!!!

koslecki

Juniors
g'day men..........ha ho!

but really a good debate is what it is all about. But suggestions from NBB about bloody pies are not what i call constructive! Ideas that will genuinely make the club money is what it should be about. Sometimes NBB the though process that goes through your head does not need to be relayed straight to the forum, cos it does get a little boring and I'd much rather the tough stuff you and DT-1 are putting up at the moment. Who cares about the bloody pie warmer!!!!!!!

jeff get that splinter out of your arse for god sake!!

Bluebag

Juniors
NBB,

DT-1 was a pioneer in expanding our merchandising range from 2 t-shirts too what we have today and we continue to grow, but we have looked at Flags and a range of other products but cash is always tight is is not cheap to keep the jersey running around. Any ideas are appreciated but as pointed out earlier an idea is one thing costs are another so when you send an idea in let the club know what it costs, quantity required etc.

Helping the Jets is almost a fulltime job without the pay and match day for some lasts about 12 hours for a double header, Jeffles is less due to his refusal to wake up until the sun streams through his skylight when he thinks it is dawn.So it does not matter of you can help out every game or just one day it is all welcome.

bluebag43

Juniors
Bluebag, costings for Flags were obtained from a supplier. If the Club is interested I will ask the individual who did the leg work to again provide the details, quantity and costs etc.

gee newtownbluebag you can go on a bit ! we are all jets fans and noone is more of a fan than another. U choose to go on the hill and spend your money and supprt the team that way and thats great. people like dawson twins gets in and dirty by activly looking to expand what the club is selling. i know that hes in china now so that makes it hard for him to help the jets now.
doesnt matter if youve followd the jets for 98 years or 1 day we all the same so stop baggin off other fans cos they say something that you dont like.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
I dont know? you may be a nice bloke and maybe I have got it all wrong but I never put sh*t on the current people running the show as you say? quite obviously there would be no club without them and their efforts are appreciated as I have stated before and I'm sure the posts would still be on the site somewhere? dont you think that I find this very draining and would much prefer to get along than be confrontationalist? it is most likely that because we dont know each other that we can only judge by what comes up on the screen? I can assure you as you have assured me that I am in no way as you may presume. Maybe in the past we have met I dont know? but wow were getting to heated here...

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
TDT-1 I have removed my earlier post because in retrospect I should have PM'ed you rather than issued said spray. My apologies.