What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merritt and tries

innsaneink

Referee
Ive heard Nathan Merritt holds try scoring records for the SSDJRL, now I know junior league games can be decieving at times, have heard situations of average/good players scoring 6 or 7 tries in a game against substandard opposition, some kids my sons played with & against would be up around the 100 & 200 try mark already after 5 seasons.

Ive heard it mentioned in media several times Merritt holds records for Souths juniors, anyone know just what they are, and also you chance to brag, tell us about your own try scoring feats, or those of your mates or oppositions....persoanlly I only played for about 5 seasons, both codes for about a dozen pies- if that...very ordinary footy player was ink, glad the boy dont take after me.

yobbo84

Coach
I remember Damon Alley-Tovio scored 6 tries in a Flegg game for Souths a few years back.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Ive heard Nathan Merritt holds try scoring records for the SSDJRL, now I know junior league games can be decieving at times, have heard situations of average/good players scoring 6 or 7 tries in a game against substandard opposition, some kids my sons played with & against would be up around the 100 & 200 try mark already after 5 seasons.

Ive heard it mentioned in media several times Merritt holds records for Souths juniors, anyone know just what they are, and also you chance to brag, tell us about your own try scoring feats, or those of your mates or oppositions....persoanlly I only played for about 5 seasons, both codes for about a dozen pies- if that...very ordinary footy player was ink, glad the boy dont take after me.

South Sydney Development Junior Rugby League?

Nook

Bench
tell us about your own try scoring feats, or those of your mates or oppositions

44 tries in one season in the under 8s, 45 the next year in the 9s.

Then I discovered cinnamon doughnuts and got too fat to run around everybody.

I'm happy with my choice.

Nook

Bench
My local team in the Bs and Cs respectively (in fairness I was being kept in the lower grades because my best mate's dad was the coach and sucked balls when they moved me to the As from the 10s onwards)

I can't say which team because as you can imagine I hogged the ball a bit those years and I reckon there are still a few disgrunteld ex-team mates trying to track me down and beat me. My grandma was giving me $2 per try, what's a kid to do.

keeney

First Grade
Nook said:
My local team in the Bs and Cs respectively (in fairness I was being kept in the lower grades because my best mate's dad was the coach and sucked balls when they moved me to the As from the 10s onwards)

I can't say which team because as you can imagine I hogged the ball a bit those years and I reckon there are still a few disgrunteld ex-team mates trying to track me down and beat me. My grandma was giving me $2 per try, what's a kid to do.

Or could it be...you're lying?

Dutchy

Immortal
My coach had a fetish for stats...would give us all a folder with singular and team stats at the end of the year

Danish

Referee
Only played a couple seasons of league...

My first ever try-scoring opportunity was a pearler. Second ever game, pouring rain.

I was on the wing defending, cut out pass went astray and I swooped on it with a beautiful one handed pick up on my bootlaces and streaked away. Fullback right on my heels I managed to avoid him and run 90m to dive over the try line....

and dropped it.

Horrible, horrible stuff.

yobbo84

Coach
Danish said:
Only played a couple seasons of league...

My first ever try-scoring opportunity was a pearler. Second ever game, pouring rain.

I was on the wing defending, cut out pass went astray and I swooped on it with a beautiful one handed pick up on my bootlaces and streaked away. Fullback right on my heels I managed to avoid him and run 90m to dive over the try line....

and dropped it.

Horrible, horrible stuff.

That would be God punishing you for supporting the Roosters.

macavity

Referee
played front row from under9s to under17s

scored one try in my first season, thats it.

and it was in a game we won 82-0

I wasn't great but wasn't THAT terrible, just never seemed to get it up our end.

Latest posts