What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MGS3: Snake Eater

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
So who here will be buying this game? it should be out on the 17th of this month.

I cant wait for this game its gonna be the best game of the year...

Munky

Coach
Is it out in Australia on the 17th?

I'll get it but I'm not to impressed by the trailers.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
ughh crap the game has been delayed lol...

also whats wrong with the trailers? i thought they were great...looked way better then mgs 2 and mgs 1.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Got the demo and have played around with it a bit.
For starters you have to be a lot sneakier then in the other 2. The radar is gone and enemies blend in with the jungle fairly well.
You still have Sonar and other forms of picking up enemy movement but they use batteries(that run out) and also pick up snakes, crocs etc in the area.
You also have to eat and change camo a fair bit. Boith features are fairly annoying.
There has been some cool things like shooting a wasps nest down onto a soldier and stepping onto a croc when I was just walking through the grass(the camo is that good at times). The cutscenes are as usual hollywood quality.

Munky

Coach
Chief_Chujo said:
The cutscenes are as usual hollywood quality.

With cheesy MGS dialoque?

It wouldn't be the same without it.

Hopefully the story makes sense this time...

God-King Dean

Immortal
I havn't seen the trailers yet, where did you guys see them?

I love MGS, story wise the 1st was the best, gameplay definatly the 2nd.

Let's hope this one is easier to understand, had to play it a few times to get it!

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't like the title at all, it would be particular hard to ujnderstand for people who havn't played the game

The title sounds *clears throat* well, gay :eek:

Took me by surprise, not game of the year but after GTA: San Andreas Half Life 2 Start Wars KOTOR( the first one) and a few other recent titles I though Metal Gear's gameplay would be really stale, but I am loving it, the camouflage system and the CQC really take the gameplay to a higher level. And as a martial artist I have to say the martial arts in MGS3 crap over most in any other game(but still not perfect).

Took me by surprise, not game of the year but after GTA: San Andreas Half Life 2 Start Wars KOTOR( the first one) and a few other recent titles I though Metal Gear's gameplay would be really stale, but I am loving it, the camouflage system and the CQC really take the gameplay to a higher level. And as a martial artist I have to say the martial arts in MGS3 crap over most in any other game(but still not perfect).

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
GTA 4 was brilliant, but was basically the same as the past versions..Star wars KOTOR is great but MGS 3 had everything i needed.

The best aspect is probably the AI, how they work togther and there abilty to actually search for you...

This probably sounds so nerdy but the feel i got when playing and the wheather went all stormy and looking around the jungle with splashing rain drops was jaw droping.

Oh and how cool is Big Boss in this game..they really did a bang up job at showing us the "father" of solid snake and liquid snake...