What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Crocker

parra pete

Referee
Ricky must coach his players to dive. If Kennedy was hurt by that tackle he should be playing netball...

Hey Pete,

I told myself I wasn't going to have a whinge about Origin but I'll say this much....some of what I saw in this series and some incidents last night reeks of how I saw Stuart play the game. I'll go along with what you say.

Macca_

Coach
parra pete said:
Ricky must coach his players to dive. If Kennedy was hurt by that tackle he should be playing netball...

That's what is stupid about the rule. In big games, players are going to do that to get a penalty. Penalties in games like that are crucial. It's in the rules so why not stay down and cop the penalty I spose.

It's going to become more and more common.

Macca_

There is a v good reason as to why Crocker and Anasta were at each other last night.

*Rumour might have it but not on here it doesn't......

Macca_ said:
That's what is stupid about the rule. In big games, players are going to do that to get a penalty. Penalties in games like that are crucial. It's in the rules so why not stay down and cop the penalty I spose.

It's going to become more and more common.

Macca_

In the words of our clubs' coach....

"I don't like it"

Macca_

Coach
Belly in Brisvegas said:
In the words of our clubs' coach....

"I don't like it"
That's right Belly. But it's fact and here to stay while the rule is like it is...

Bigfella said:
Last night he used the following at every opportunity:

1. Swing arm
2. Facial
3. Push the tackled player back down (usually by the face)
4. Thrust his knee in the player's face as they were standing up to play the ball
5. When tackled strike out with elbows
6. When Blues players scored tries he was there to push them in the back afterwards

I'm glad he did. It's Origin after all, not some poofy ballerina contest.

Krakow

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Crocker is an agressive style of player, and to an extent I enjoy his play. The problem is he doesn't know what too far is and doesn't see that line he has crossed. He is a borderline grub, who has probably been used to some protection where he currently plays. Watch what happens when he moves to Melbourne.....

Just about somes up my thoughts

WA Eel

Juniors
Michael Crocker is nothing more another John Hopoate. His little pat on Anasta's face is no different to Hopa's little pats to the head. All he needs to do is start using his fingers........

Macca_

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
I'm glad he did. It's Origin after all, not some poofy ballerina contest.

But it is still 'sport' though HJ :D Has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Macca_

Origin is not sport. Origin is NSW's chance to physically put Qlders where they belong - in the gutter. Having said that, Qlders deserve the right to fight back.

Now I'm not generally talking about Crocker's antics during NRL games - I am generally not a fan of his play. However, during Origin, anything goes, and I have no problem with what Crocker did.

Was Artie a grub for smacking Cronin upside the head? Don't be stupid. Was Johns a grub for taking a cheap shot at Goddard from behind the ref? Don't be stupid.

It's Origin people. Wake up and smell the coffee - we need more like Crocker in Origin lest the passion continue to die and Origin continues to become nothing more than something a player can put on their CV.

Macca_

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
Origin is not sport. Origin is NSW's chance to physically put Qlders where they belong - in the gutter. Having said that, Qlders deserve the right to fight back.

Origin is the pinacle of Rugby League (according to most). Rugby League being a sport.

Mate against mate, state against state. Got nothing to do with putting people in gutters... :D

Macca_

Glen

Bench
Crocker just tries to make up for his shortcomings as a footballer by playing as dirty and as grubby as he can. He was showed up last night, as were the rest of the Queensland lumbering pack. IMO the Storm are crazy giving him a big money deal

Macca_

Coach
Have to agree Glen. Storm buying Crocker is like Manly buying Witt! They should be spending the coin to keep Orford.

Macca_