What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Greenfield to the Dragons

Rodent

Bench
Apparently going to St George-Illawarra in 2010. What do the Souths fans think? I thought he was talented but haven't seen him for a long time. Was it injuries or poor form that saw him slip off the radar?

ironmandreamer

Juniors
Michael Greenfield has his best football ahead of him and it's a sad loss. He must think there is more opportunity as St.George? Why wouldn't you want to play and improve under Wayne Bennett as opposed to going through the motions as Jason Taylor :(

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I assume he sees Poore's departure at the Dragons as a positive and maybe Dave Taylor's arrival at the Rabbitohs as a threat.

The Bennett factor, though, would surely be an influence ... look what Wayne has achieved with Weyman in practically no time!

Nickmm

Juniors
I assume he sees Poore's departure at the Dragons as a positive and maybe Dave Taylor's arrival at the Rabbitohs as a threat.

The Bennett factor, though, would surely be an influence ... look what Wayne has achieved with Weyman in practically no time!

At the begining of the year he wasnt injured and was playing really good but taylor wouldnt use him so if there is no future here he looks to where there is. He's not the first to leave because of taylor and he wont be the last.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Greenfield had plenty of potential but the latest injury is a big concern. If he plays to his potential will be a good pick up. One problem he does have is he tries to often to offload.

Dave Q

Coach
Real nice guy, tremendous when fit, but couldnt cut the mustard here.

I appreciate his services and wish him every success at his new club.

Franko

Juniors
I reckon this is an enormous signing for the Dragons. Very talented player. And if the rumours are right about geddes going to the Dogs we are losing two props i would prefer kept.

Dave Q

Coach
I reckon this is an enormous signing for the Dragons. Very talented player. And if the rumours are right about geddes going to the Dogs we are losing two props i would prefer kept.

I disagree kind sir.

On this season's form, Geddes just hasnt done enough to justify his contract. His stats are a blight on what is a already a dim forward vista.

And Greenfield just hasnt been able to compete.

I think we would be better off with competent forwards in lower grades, lusting for a go.

Lets net the best forwards coming off contract in the NYC or lower grades. They can only benefit from Roy, Baz and Crocker.

Theres a solid chunk of experience, we just need some youthful ethusiasm and go... especially around the ruck.

Penrith and the eels have good young stompage going around.

I daresay Mark Hughes is in talks with plenty of talented replacements.

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Greenfield had plenty of potential but the latest injury is a big concern. If he plays to his potential will be a good pick up. One problem he does have is he tries to often to offload.
I'm sure bennett will fix that quickly not like our coach.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I daresay Mark Hughes is in talks with plenty of talented replacements.[/QUOTE] I hope so Dave one's that have plenty of mongrel in them.

Dave Q

Coach
I hope so Dave one's that have plenty of mongrel in them.[/QUOTE]

Potential recruits should be bashed by members of our fine forum into the next world and if they stand up afterwards, we should sign them.

Franko

Juniors
I disagree kind sir.

On this season's form, Geddes just hasnt done enough to justify his contract. His stats are a blight on what is a already a dim forward vista.

And Greenfield just hasnt been able to compete.

I think we would be better off with competent forwards in lower grades, lusting for a go.

Lets net the best forwards coming off contract in the NYC or lower grades. They can only benefit from Roy, Baz and Crocker.

Theres a solid chunk of experience, we just need some youthful ethusiasm and go... especially around the ruck.

Penrith and the eels have good young stompage going around.

It was no fluke last year we started coming good when Geddes got a run. Apart from Asotasi on Monday night he was our best forward. Mark this space, he will exceed at the dogs if that story is true.

Greenfield is a natural talent and watch him explode under Bennett.

You maybe right we might have a few under the radar but i look forward to seeing them. I've been waiting a longtime.

Latest posts