What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Jennings. Would you like to see him in Penrith colours again?

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...-panthers-demise/story-fndv38w0-1227052968216

On the back of this article, it had me thinking as to whether or not I would want Jennings back at the club.

Obviously, we've moved on with life and the club is doing just fine without him.

However, if an opportunity came to lure him back to the club after his current a Roosters contract expires, would I like to see him back at the club? I honestly don't know.

What are your thoughts?

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
As good as Jennings is I think he and the club have moved on.

We have Whare and Idris with Blake and Robert Jennings as replacements. This combination should see us thru for the next 5+ years. By then Jennings would be in his 30s.

Maybe we would have him back if the price was right but I don't think we need him.

ammatt

Juniors
Jennings would be the only player I would like to see back at Penrith.
His attitude has changed and he is back to playing his best football.
A Whare / Jennings centre pairing would be close to the best in the comp

roofromoz

First Grade
Reading between the lines, he may not want to return whilst Ivan is still at the helm.

However, if he still had something to offer if was on the market, I'd say go for it.

TheFrog

Coach
He'd be seriously expensive for a non-spine player. That's the only reason the Roosters will show him the door.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No. "“I look at it now and just laugh at it. It’s funny to see what stuff I got up to over there and look at where I am now." Says it all.

Only former player I really want back at the moment is Mose Masoe....

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
i wouldnt be against bringing him back but i wouldnt go out of my way to get him, we got awesome youngsters coming through, they are the future of this club, sorry Jenko, its just business.

maple_69

Bench
Depends on the state of the team at the time. Now, definitely not. In 3 years in a world where Blake and the other Jennings have flopped and Idris is in the backrow? Maybe.

Frankus

Juniors
No. Especially not for the reported 750k he was on when he left us and would still be getting at the Roosters.

soc123_au

Staff member
Never so no to that sort of talent. At the right price of course. He and the Panthers have changed plenty in 2 years, the issues from before are no longer relevant.

greynurse

Juniors
I have thought about this but would he suit the current backline movements. I think under our current attacking structures,maybe but when he was with us we never had the set up so we just through him the ball to see what he could do. Elliott coaching. Under cleary we would have seen his potential in our colours but we needed him to be 250,000 cheaper.

GongPanther

Referee
He will be back.

I realise how he feels about Penrith and there is no chance he will end up in Sydney after his stint with Easts is finished.

Lucky for us,he has a premiership under his belt,more experience from SOO and I think a burning desire to come back where he is comfortable.

He did say that he will always be a Penrith boy.And seeing him back in our colours would be great for Micheal,the team and the fans.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith, like most (if not all) clubs have had a few returning sons over the years: Greg Alexander, Mark Geyer, Daryl Brohman and Peter Wallace are probably the most notable ones. You never know, either Jenko or maybe even Wade Graham may once again play for Penrith.

maple_69

Bench
I just can't see us bringing anyone into the squad for over 500k from here, except for a world class half..
Everything else we can get for 75k..

Latest posts