What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Jennings

st.phil

Bench
Ok so...who knows if we will sign him...but from all reports we are at very least trying too. I'm always fascinated and commonly surprised by forum reactions to signings...how would you feel if he signed for the Dragons knowing that if he does it is on biggggg bucks?

nrlnrl

First Grade
Ok so...who knows if we will sign him...but from all reports we are at very least trying too. I'm always fascinated and commonly surprised by forum reactions to signings...how would you feel if he signed for the Dragons knowing that if he does it is on biggggg bucks?

not good value with his injury record & probable absence during Origin period

MattYg1

Bench
yeah i wouldnt be happy if it was on the kind of mega bucks that have been speculated at this point...

possm

Coach
New coach Stuart wants him at Parra. Does Price want him at the Dragons?

If they both want him will it be the bucks or the coach that will win his signature?

64 Dragon

Coach
New coach Stuart wants him at Parra. Does Price want him at the Dragons?

If they both want him will it be the bucks or the coach that will win his signature?

Don't go into meltdown if we don't get him, possm. Take it like a man.

64 Dragon

Coach
I think I will go and sulk in my Possm Play Pen. Really unless he comes at around 400k it may be counter productive to sign him.

I don't think we will pay that kind of money for any player with the current salary cap.

And don't start on about Cronk. That was probably only wishful thinking.

mmap dragons

Juniors
If they were to pick Jennings up it may just be the catalyst for other marquee signings. In reality I think if Jennings is to leave the Pennys he will sign with the slugs. I read the Tigpies may be shedding players to accomodate him as well.

Como Connection

First Grade
I understand no big name signings for next season, waiting for the following year.
Therefore, very tough on young Price to produce the goods I say!!

Mr Red

First Grade
I understand no big name signings for next season, waiting for the following year.
Therefore, very tough on young Price to produce the goods I say!!

self inflicted then...there have been opportunites to sign solid first graders for next season that wouldnt break the bank, but would still be a step up on what we currently have in a few positions... ie right centre and back row.
*IF* Price and Doust have chosen to put all their eggs in one basket and make a few massive plays in 2014 and risk writing off 2013 then its the dumbest move ever... Price will be gone and the incoming coach will have a truck load of cash to recruit with and be instantly successful..

Gomarchin

Juniors
*IF* Price and Doust have chosen to put all their eggs in one basket and make a few massive plays in 2014 and risk writing off 2013 then its the dumbest move ever... Price will be gone and the incoming coach will have a truck load of cash to recruit with and be instantly successful..

Agree 100%. It doesn't make any sense at all....unless of course Doust has promised Price he'll get a 2 year extension IF he wins the first few games next year and can make some big signings for 2014. Either way it's going to be a long year next year.

Time to get out that 2010 GF dvd...

possm

Coach
Agree 100%. It doesn't make any sense at all....unless of course Doust has promised Price he'll get a 2 year extension IF he wins the first few games next year and can make some big signings for 2014. Either way it's going to be a long year next year.

Time to get out that 2010 GF dvd...

Yea, I could see that being the case:

'Just go with the flow Steve and I will make sure you get a two or three year extention'.

'The members and fans have no say in this struff'.

'Once we clear this debt and the new salary cap money comes through, we should be right'.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I would love him at the Saints. They need as many attacking weapons as possible. BMoz/Jennings or Jenning /Nighty combo would be oustanding. Better than anything they have now that is for sure. You guys are crazy not to want a move such as this.

Beale, Morris,Jennings,Chase,Nighty = Awesome back line. Will be up there as one of the best in the NRL that is for sure.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
I would love him at the Saints. They need as many attacking weapons as possible. BMoz/Jennings or Jenning /Nighty combo would be oustanding. Better than anything they have now that is for sure. You guys are crazy not to want a move such as this.

Beale, Morris,Jennings,Chase,Nighty = Awesome back line. Will be up there as one of the best in the NRL that is for sure.

i agree he would be great for the saints. we need some attacking spark in our backline. but looks like the tigers are in the hot seat for jennings

grouch

First Grade
For a centre on that kind of cash you want someone with the total package, and I don't see that with Jennings. He has good acceleration and evasion. Lacks discipline, not a leader, not a great defender. Don't see a lot of longevity in his career once the acceleration starts to wane. I don't see him as a Jamie Lyon or Gasnier type

possm

Coach
Beal is quick
Moz is quick
Cooper is not so quick now but still good enough
C Stanley is quick
Nightingale is quick

From the above we should expect our backline to be a great attacking weapon. so whats wrong? We can't count Beale in this but here goes:

Poor game plans
Poor execution
Poor decision making
Lack of confidence
Lack of commitment

How do we fix this? Well if we are going to keep Price as most believe will happen, get him some extra assistance for 2013 as all of the above are within the control of the coach. The coach needs to develop the plans and instill in the players confidence, commitment and the correct attitude. If this can be done, I beleive the players and the team as a whole will perform much better than it/they did in 2012.

However, the players cannot and will not do this on their own. They will need the coach to be a boss not a mate and they will need the coach to drive change and make hard/smart team selection decisions.

Some players from the Bulldogs attribute a large part of their success this year to the time they spent with the team motivator. Maybe the Dragons should employ a motivation expert to assist Price in 2013.

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
Possm you are fully aware that everybody on this forum knows the position that you have towards Price and recruitment and that dont need to reiterate it in every post right?

You are also aware that we dont make the decisions so I hope when you write your posts you arent waiting for one of us to sack Price for you...

for we are just feeble fans...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
For a centre on that kind of cash you want someone with the total package, and I don't see that with Jennings. He has good acceleration and evasion. Lacks discipline, not a leader, not a great defender. Don't see a lot of longevity in his career once the acceleration starts to wane. I don't see him as a Jamie Lyon or Gasnier type

Agreed. That is Inglis / Lyon cash only.

J Moz is a level down from that.

And way down here is Jennings.

Latest posts