What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Searle Rugby League Legend

Big Time

Juniors
Searle has been saying that for a while now, it just hasn't been acknowledged by the media that they're ignoring the AFL.

Independant commission pfft. Haven't there been backdoor deals done on Colin Love heading commission. Thats just f*cking stupid. How can they get any credibility with him in charge??

Brutus

Referee
Searle used to wear his pants really high when he played.

Made him look a lot taller than he actually was.

dimitri

First Grade
Independant commission pfft. Haven't there been backdoor deals done on Colin Love heading commission. Thats just f*cking stupid. How can they get any credibility with him in charge??

ONly fo a year or 2!

Then the love affair is over

Big Time

Juniors
ONly fo a year or 2!

Then the love affair is over

i have no doubt if news and arl agreed on colin love then the next person in charge would come from news. they wouldn't broker this deal without some benefit for them in the long run. this independant commission will end up a farce.

Coaster

Bench
I emailed the Titans management a few weeks ago, about the Greg Bird rumor, i tell you now i am not happy about this bloke anywhere near the club.

I got a response saying they would get back to me.

Few weeks have past, i sort of got over it. Yesterday i got an email from Micheal searle, I cannot divulge what was said but it was not a short media type answer, it was about 3 pages explaining to me the clubs position, and as much if not more information that i as a fan deserve to know.

I was sort of shocked, he even apologized for not getting back to me sooner.

I emailed him back a thank you, and got a automated message saying he was out of the country.

2 hours later he emailed back from London, acknowledging he had received my thank you email and told me what him and Carty were up to in England.

This bloke is amazing, what sort of fella in his position with all the stuff on his plate at the moment responds personally to members of the club?

I dont know how many times i have emailed the NRL, and received nothing more then a automated response, this guy loves this sport and the sooner we have people like him in charge the better we will be.

Brutus

Referee
I emailed the Titans management a few weeks ago, about the Greg Bird rumor, i tell you now i am not happy about this bloke anywhere near the club.

I got a response saying they would get back to me.

Few weeks have past, i sort of got over it. Yesterday i got an email from Micheal searle, I cannot divulge what was said but it was not a short media type answer, it was about 3 pages explaining to me the clubs position, and as much if not more information that i as a fan deserve to know.

I was sort of shocked, he even apologized for not getting back to me sooner.

I emailed him back a thank you, and got a automated message saying he was out of the country.

2 hours later he emailed back from London, acknowledging he had received my thank you email and told me what him and Carty were up to in England.

This bloke is amazing, what sort of fella in his position with all the stuff on his plate at the moment responds personally to members of the club?

I dont know how many times i have emailed the NRL, and received nothing more then a automated response, this guy loves this sport and the sooner we have people like him in charge the better we will be.

That's not surprising. I got talking to him at a function a few years back and we had a great old chat about the direction RL should be heading. I think he was impressed by my twisted knowledge of former Gold Coast Titans/Seagulls players' names which kicked off the conversation. The only thing I didn't agree with him on was Perth. He's a fan of expansion, but not Perth or Adelaide.

The guy is 100 percent rugby league and no other sports rate in his eyes. We need a guy like this in charge.

wain

Juniors
Coaster, wow, that is a sweet story...heaps refreshing to hear that from one of our leaders...as a Adelaidean though, have to agree with Brutus. the only thing that has come out Searle's mouth i dont agree with is on the expansion into SA/WA front...

Unbiased, I still think SA is a fair way off..most of my mates arent just ignorant to NRL, but actually anti-NRL. Definitely think there is more potential in Perth, and I think it has to happen soon.

Michael Searle for Commisioner/CEO :)