What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Vella Tribute Thread.

ParraAds

Juniors
I think it's fitting that I start this thread, because I am Michael's all time biggest fan.

As a kid I always wanted to be a hard running forward, but never quite had the build or skill for it. I guess you could say I lived that fantasy vicariously through Micky...hes runs, tackles and all round presence will live long in my memory.

Michael gave a lot to the eels on and off the field, his commitment and passion to the blue and gold jersey will never be questioned.

If anyone would like to post some of their favourite Vella moments please do so in this thread....mine personally would be of the game against Newcastle in 2001 when we won 40-0.
Vella had a blinder, including a kick return to the half way line with Knights defenders sprawled on the ground behind him, and a massive hit on Kennedy when he looked like scoring and getting the knights back into the match.
The other match was against Brisbane, in 02 maybe? where he took on the big broncos forwards and was by far and away the best player on the ground.

I could go on and on obviously, but I wont....thanks for the Memories Mick!

159 first grade games
10 state of origins
5 Tests for Australia
Kanagroo Tour
World Cup squad member.

Parra Guru

Coach
jayjayselmes said:
thanks god hes finally gone. now we can get some good props in for a change

good onya idiot. That has to be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
jayjayselmes said:
thanks god hes finally gone. now we can get some good props in for a change

you really are showing us what you are made of

you're not a fan

what are you doing here

do us all a favour and f**k off

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
you really are showing us what you are made of

you're not a fan

what are you doing here

do us all a favour and f**k off
well said
jay jay you are a cretin with nothing positive to say about anyone.
PS. unless of course it's about wade mackinnon.

Hellsy

Immortal
jay jay you stupid little moron

Do us all a favour and follow Wade to NZ.

Come to think of it Wade doesn't deserve that

Stagger eel

Staff member
and..this is the reason why the real tribute thread is in the PD!!

ParraAds, just copy and paste your post on there if you could and we'll make sure it gets too him.