What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid season predictions - Wooden Spoon

BunniesMan

Immortal
Dragons-Sharks was an old fashioned 4 point game in the race for the spoon. The Dragons give themselves some breathing room.

All of a sudden it's a 3 horse. the Raiders are 4 points behind the rest of the comp and Cronulla and Newcastle are another 2 points behind them.

As shit as the Dragons are they already have 5 wins so it's very hard to see them getting it. Any of the other 3 are still alive in the race.

As bad as it seems for us we haven't been getting absolutely flogged like the usual wooden spoon contender. I still think we have a better chance of winning games than Dragons, sharks and raiders.

Although we look like losing yet another startIng forward for 6 weeks minimum.

This Year?

Immortal
Dragons-Sharks was an old fashioned 4 point game in the race for the spoon. The Dragons give themselves some breathing room.

All of a sudden it's a 3 horse. the Raiders are 4 points behind the rest of the comp and Cronulla and Newcastle are another 2 points behind them.

As shit as the Dragons are they already have 5 wins so it's very hard to see them getting it. Any of the other 3 are still alive in the race.

All I need now is for Moffo to say we're gonna make the top 8 then we can safely say the spoon is ours:crazy:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If I had to pick I'd lean towards the Knights, but only just. Sharks with Gallen/Fifita/Lewis back may have enough grit to grab enough wins.

That leaves the Raiders and Knights and with the Raiders yet to have a bye I feel they have a nice enough head start.

Knights have a good completion rare and are getting closer in score to a lot of teams, but the way they keep finding ways to beat themselves is very worrying for a team that doesn't have much in reserve to bolster a struggling pack. That and Gidley.

Wouldn't be confident enough to bet money in any direction though.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I'm leaning towards the Sharks purely based on an injury perspective, one of the worst injury tolls i've seen in a while. From 2008-11 Souths have had pretty bad runs but i mean this one is just borderline ridiculous.

In a positive perspective the first grade exposure the young kids will be getting is going to definitely be beneficial for them later on, so i suppose it's not just doom and gloom.

if they don't get their act together though, Dragons, Raiders and Knights will make up the rest of the bottom four imo. Every other team will have a good shot at the 8 imo.

newman

First Grade
My club (the sharks) will get it.

Even though we have 3 internationals to come back in Gallen Lewis and Fifita, and a genuine superstar in Carney they won't win another game.

Management have basically intimated to the players that this season is a write off and they expect no results. It was going this way with the ongoing shit under ASADA and when the injury toll hit it was the nail in the coffin. Training is essentially voluntary, the players are all on the piss every second night and nothing will change until Flano comes back.

Oh, and we have Blake Ayshford.

Diesel

Referee
Surely no professional footy team can just decide if they want to turn up to training or not.

Mr Spock!

Referee
After watching the Sharks get slaughtered by the Dragons, has to be Sharks.

Some of their attacking play and errors were diabolical.

Is Stuart still there?

Diesel

Referee
I did, but if it's true (and I'm not saying it isn't) that's very poor form by the Sharks

BunniesMan

Immortal
All of a sudden the spoon race gets interesting. Sharks slipped up and loosened their grip on the title slightly. Knights still in the race. Raiders the darkhorses.