What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Middle 8’s

Do7l96fW0AA-HDh

Northern

Juniors
Was hoping for Toronto before the game, but London totally deserved that. Fantastic defence. Where are they going to play? Ground surely doesn't mean any kind of criteria. However, perhaps at least one established team's ground doesn't either.

Pommy

Coach
Well done London, not the result I wanted but it sounds like Toronto have bottled it after a dominant season.

jim_57

Staff member
A little underwhelmed as I don't have much faith in the Broncos doing any better than their previous run in Super League. I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Edit: Came off a bit miserable here, Congrats to London and well deserved. Hope they can go from strength to strength in Super League and Toronto (or Toulouse) can join them next year.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Well done to London
They've worked hard at this for years.
I have confidence that they've learned from previous failures and current successes and will give SL a serious crack and some much needed presence in the capital.

If there's one thing Toronto have shown, it's that good promotion is the key to professional sports.
There's nothing special about them that can't be done in London. There's no reason London can't take inspiration from what the Wolfpack have done.

Pommy

Coach
Well done to London
They've worked hard at this for years.
I have confidence that they've learned from previous failures and current successes and will give SL a serious crack and some much needed presence in the capital.

If there's one thing Toronto have shown, it's that good promotion is the key to professional sports.
There's nothing special about them that can't be done in London. There's no reason London can't take inspiration from what the Wolfpack have done.

It needs someone with some money and vision. Whilst I agree it can be done in London do they have the person to do it?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Well done London! As others have said hopefully this can be a springboard for them to re-establish themselves and Southern RL in the top flight.

Toronto will probably have it a bit easier next year with direct promotion. Hopefully they can improve their halves though.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
He’s not involved anymore is he?

I wonder how long Toronto’s business model can sustain not being in the SL.
Branson hasn’t been involved in the broncos for nearly 20 years. Toronto had a 5 year plan for reaching super league. Next year will be year 3.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Richard Branson

Yes, David Hughes has backed the club for years, they are still pro players which has allowed them to compete.

The greatest thing about this London team is where the players have come from unlike their 1999 Challenge Cup Final team which was mostly Aussies and Kiwis.

The team which beat Toronto was made up of 3 x Welshmen, 1 x Frenchmen and 6 from London/Southern England.

Only 1 Aussie and Kiwi were in the team and 5 players from the north including 1 from Sheffield.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Congratulations London Broncos, a great win away, hope you can defy the Naysayers and remain in the Super League post 2019, watched bit's and pieces of the Million Pound game before going to work and Fox had the replay when I arrived home, Just like David Reynolds yesterday the Pack choked!.