What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mighty Mouse my a***

chunk

Juniors
Gallant should be dropped next week after that inept performance. Wests can have him.

Never in postion, 90% of Kimmorley's kicks found turf. Ran the ball back sideways and looked weak.

Should of covered a simple grubber from Kimmorley for a try....where was he any fullback half his salt would of swallowed that.

Dropped a simple bomb.

Never really looked threatening.

And missed four crucial kicks for goal.

If given the chance MacDonnel or Hanbury should be in front of him.

sando88

Not a Moderator
yes he's crap.. but better then hanbury!!

hanbury, gallant, mcdonnel should all be released

moltzen is alot better then the lot. we dont have a decent backup

Last edited:

chopsy_05

Juniors
I agree chunk. Never in position ran the ball sideways and that dropped ball well we know what happened next. I'm more pissed at hanbury though if he haf of passed we were in under the posts. The dogs are crap though all tries bar one off kicks. We had Benji today we win by 13 plus. Dogs won't make the 8!

Fair call.

Much like JB, he's a confidence player. Today he made a few mistakes early on and he tried too hard to make amends, which only compounded his errors. In regard to his goal-kicking, it was embarrassing and I would expect Todd Payten to line up the kicks before Gallant in the future.

westie

Bench
FFS. This is the point I was making this morning. You can't throw a young dude into FG and expect him to play at his peak every single week.

macnaz

Staff member
Far out !!! you guys are all talking sh*t. Shannon Gallant has a great record , 1. for the magpies and 2 . every NRL game up until tonight has been good. Ok he had a shocker so all u know it all's base a players abilty on that! God help Changa Langlands if u wankers seen his worst grandfinal game! Yeah Langlands he sux :crazy:. The Australian cricket side would change every week if u were all picking them.!!!

The game was lst before we even started by picking 2 ppl in the halves that arent F*CKING halves, PLUS pussy's on the bench .:x We reaped what dead sh*t shines has sowed...and that is having only one person who can play in the halves. :(

Last edited:
FFS. This is the point I was making this morning. You can't throw a young dude into FG and expect him to play at his peak every single week.

One of the only times I've agreed with you.

Thrown in against the form side of the NRL from the Magpies.

Sheens is insane.

Gallant was ordinary. He did some ok things but was plain for the most part. Biggest mistake was the Ennis try imo, should've been there to swoop on the ball and make a dash.

sando88

Not a Moderator
tigers are ridiculously bad at defending against kicks (despite what any stats say.. the only reason stats say tigers are good at defending against them, is because teams usually find a much easier way of scoring against us lol)..

those 3 tries from kicks should have been stopped. 1 mistake perhaps acceptable. 3 is pathetic

super_coach

First Grade
Throw your no1 to no7 but play him no4, throw your no6 to no7 and have your first choice no7 pulls out and have your no4 play 6 for half a game and go within a inch of winning is a pretty good result. Gallant didnt go well, but he was given a big job in a team thrown into disaray by Benji's withdrawal. I would use him again if required,he has a big ticker even if he cant kick

Ryan's was a howler. Ryan is usually quite solid in defence, but wtf was he thinking. Goodwin almost didn't get to the ball in time because he was ready to tackle Ryan. If you're going to ground it, might as well kick it or punch it.

1st try was hard to stop, when someone as big as Idris gets a leap that good, it's real hard to stop tbh.

sando88

Not a Moderator
that's true. but i would much rather see one of our players knock the ball dead then have the chance of the other player have a 50/50 chance of getting a try

Chook Norris

First Grade
never heard of this Gallant bloke before today's game

and i probably won't hear of him again

average game from him, kick returns and positioning were not up to scratch

Once Dead

Bench
Wasn't he also almost out for the count because of the flu? One game doesn't make a season. Everyone has a bad game, especially if you haven't been in first grade for a while.

tiger_nick

Bench
gallant was very average today however thats he's what 9th game in first grade? all bar that one have been excellent. he is still our best option for number 1.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Today was Gallant's first poor game in FG. All his others have been very good.

When is the last time McDonnell played a good game in firsts?
All his others? He has played 3 or 4 games and one was an out and out turkey shoot.

Why isn't anyone getting into Tuikai? I am so sick of that genius, he can't catch, can't pass, and can't jump. As if he could take an intercept.

TimmyB

Juniors
I don't know that Gallant is our best option. I think Moltzen needs to be in the team somewhere. I don't think he's ever going to be a super star, but a very very competent first grader.

sando88

Not a Moderator
moltzen seems alot better at fullback and that's not even his natural position.

he was wasted playing in the centres today