What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichello a Red?

Paullyboy

Coach
Its ok, the Roosters will just announce his replacement as soon as they find out who is leading the NRL try-scorers list next year.

It's actually great for ESL to lure the "current stars" of the the NRL. I still can't beleive Lam is still playing and making an impact in their comp. It can only make their players better. The million dollar a season will be what it takes to get players of these calibre out there. But...

On the other side it will mean that the NRL may miss out due to , I dare say, Salary Cap constraints.

Where I sit, I'm not sure but good for Mini & Gower if given the oportunity. Money is obviously great given the short lifespan of an NRL player. After all, that's part of being a professional.

tigpie cam

Juniors
"Obviously we will do our best to operate within the constraints of the salary cap to keep him here. :lol: :lol: :lol: ( gee how noble of you )

But if that fails we will find some other way to cheat........wankers!

ozzie

Bench
tigpie cam said:
"Obviously we will do our best to operate within the constraints of the salary cap to keep him here. :lol: :lol: :lol: ( gee how noble of you )

geez an original post - not....

OVP

Coach
tigpie cam said:

Gee mate ... you live in NZ and you support Wests. You really lucked out didnt you ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
He would be mad to turn that money down! He'll go i think. :cry: Which is a real shame because he's developing into abit of a legend at the Roosters.

OVP

Coach
Tommy Smith said:
He would be mad to turn that money down! He'll go i think. :cry: Which is a real shame because he's developing into abit of a legend at the Roosters.

He''ll only go if he wants to destroy his entire career. He can earn so much more by being known as the Aus fullback. Once that 's over his value drops ... and it will only take one year in England for that to happen.

He'll only go there when his Oz career is over, just like the rest.

OVP

Coach
Penelope Pittstop said:
:lol:

A candidate for the Darwin awards no doubt Otto ! ;-)

hehe i even think he's too stupid for those awards :shock:

Big call i know ;-)

But just think about it ... he supports a club that no longer exists and yet he's trying to make us feel guilty about supporting the minor premiers ... i.e. the best team in the comp over the whole year. Sorry but thats even dumber than a Darwin award recipient ;-) :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
OVP said:
Tommy Smith said:

He''ll only go if he wants to destroy his entire career. He can earn so much more by being known as the Aus fullback. Once that 's over his value drops ... and it will only take one year in England for that to happen.

Chances for footballers to earn 3.5 mill dont come along very often. If the offer is still there by next year, i think he'll take it. As he said "he's still only young", which infers to me that maybe he'll go for the three years and come back to the Roosters with another 4/5 years of footy left in him, not having to worry about money EVER.

pyro

Juniors
I don't think he'll go. Mino just strikes me as a player that'll be at the Roosters until he retires. Well i hope he is anyway. It'd be like a kick in the guts if he left, he's great to watch and adds that real spark to our attack.

Dog-E

Juniors
If Minichello goes....you will not c9me within COO-EE of another GF for a very long time!

Minchello is just ione of those...'special' players, that can turn a game in a HEARTBEAT!

Do not underestimate the loss of Minichello if it occurs - he is a VITAL cog in your team, and a HUGE part of the reason you have had the - for want of a better word - 'success' you have had in recent years.

As much as I detest the Roosters, I really hope Mini stays - he is a special talent, and to have the fans' robbed of seeing him play...would be no good @ all! : /

Gasnier can POQ though!...Calling him overrated is an actual understatement there! :lol:

In-goal

Bench

What a load of crap, the Super League clubs have never realy been shopping for the cream of Australian talent before but this time it is different as Salford will become the richest RL club in the World when there new facility opens.

In-goal said:

What a load of crap, the Super League clubs have never realy been shopping for the cream of Australian talent before but this time it is different as Salford will become the richest RL club in the World when there new facility opens.

salford will not actually own their facility, as they will be nothing more than tenants there is absolutely no possibility of them ever becoming the richest club in the world.

Latest posts