What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor fixing should help

Winning so many games last year then to fall in the last 10 minutes or minute of the game did put there confidence down.
Watching them come out and dominate the first 10 or 20 in over 60% of games made me wonder has this team got the stamina to go all the way,well yes i know what there capable of and they proved that in 2003,then to have the Booga drop the ball over the line devastated so many fans and players.
Well his one example as to why the raiders will improve.
1:Davico dropped most of the ball.
2:drew kicked the ball out in crucial situations.
3:Monaghan could not read the play well in defence
4:McLindon a great attacking player though missed plenty of tackles one on one.
5:Can't say anything bad about Wiki as he tried his guts out every week.
The only player that they'll miss will be Wiki.
The other statement i want to make is goal kicking and general feild kicking.
They need to improve on that and they will become a force.

LUKEY

Juniors
Winning so many games last year then to fall in the last 10 minutes or minute of the game did put there confidence down.
Watching them come out and dominate the first 10 or 20 in over 60% of games made me wonder has this team got the stamina to go all the way,well yes i know what there capable of and they proved that in 2003,then to have the Booga drop the ball over the line devastated so many fans and players.
Well his one example as to why the raiders will improve.
1:Davico dropped most of the ball.
2:drew kicked the ball out in crucial situations.
3:Monaghan could not read the play well in defence
4:McLindon a great attacking player though missed plenty of tackles one on one.
5:Can't say anything bad about Wiki as he tried his guts out every week.
The only player that they'll miss will be Wiki.
The other statement i want to make is goal kicking and general feild kicking.
They need to improve on that and they will become a force.

WRITE ON MATE AS I AGREE WITH YOU 100%
I definatly recken we will improve on this as the qualitly of or kids coming through should rectify these problems. Carney and Compo kicking will give the raiders a hole new demension

belindarae

Juniors
I'd add in there that Elliot needs to reduce the use of the short kick off. Thats cost us more points throughout the season than it gave us.

Edwahu

Bench
Agree with most except Davico will be very badly missed. Ohara failed miserably when the going got tough this year and Weyman was already been targeted by cheap shots by the opposition and it will get worse without any defensive enforcers like Statue in the side. Guys like Carney will cop a hammering if someone doesnt step up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
because thats stupid
Withers is not a half, that was proven at the tigers. He is however an awesome replacement hooker, a two pronged rake attack is common these days and an aging germ isnt playing 80 minutes lattly anyways

Carney needs to be thrown in the deep end, this will mean some stuff ups at the start when he is trying to find his feet but it will serve him well for the future. Withers kicking game out of hooker is quality too

DJ Raida

Bench
belindarae said:
I'd add in there that Elliot needs to reduce the use of the short kick off. Thats cost us more points throughout the season than it gave us.

get stuffed, short kickoff rules

how good was it at brookvale when they had A DECOY KICKER!!!!!!!!!

omg - too bad it didnt work, but i loved the idea :D

RAIDERS 2005! best short kickoffers ever :D

Dogs Of War

Coach
Raider_69 said:
because thats stupid
Withers is not a half, that was proven at the tigers. He is however an awesome replacement hooker, a two pronged rake attack is common these days and an aging germ isnt playing 80 minutes lattly anyways

Carney needs to be thrown in the deep end, this will mean some stuff ups at the start when he is trying to find his feet but it will serve him well for the future. Withers kicking game out of hooker is quality too

Problem is that you could stiffle his developement by ruining his confidence. The first 5-8 matches Carney should be played off the bench, ala whats the dogs and roosters do so successfully when blooding youngesters. Withers will be able to fill in at Half back at least for the first half, giving Carney a chance to find some confidence when the other side is already a bit leg weary.

Theirs no point rushing cause your unlikely to go all the way, so take those youth players up slowly. Just look at teams like Wests and Souths who blood their talent to full blown grade too early. Crash and Burn...

legend

Coach
I think Carney is good enough to make the step up to the starting 17. His performance against the Dogs was excellent and he very nearly won us the game right at the death.

He has the class and with Smith outside him and Croker inside him, he has almost 500 games worth of experience to assist him through his growing pains as the sides chief playmaker.

Personally, I think he'll excel in the role given the opportunity but Elliott must persist with him and not bench him if he is making errors. God knows they did the same with Finch.

Carney will feel too much pressure so let him ease into the game so he can show his skills against tired players.
The reason is Carney needs to sit on that sideline watch the opposition then use the weakness he see's when coming on.
A new player on can cause some heart ache for the opposition.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dogs Of War said:
Raider_69 said:
because thats stupid

Problem is that you could stiffle his developement by ruining his confidence. The first 5-8 matches Carney should be played off the bench, ala whats the dogs and roosters do so successfully when blooding youngesters. Withers will be able to fill in at Half back at least for the first half, giving Carney a chance to find some confidence when the other side is already a bit leg weary.

Theirs no point rushing cause your unlikely to go all the way, so take those youth players up slowly. Just look at teams like Wests and Souths who blood their talent to full blown grade too early. Crash and Burn...

He has already player some games to find his feet
Him coming off the bench has served almost no purpose last season with Elliot protecting him like a bear and its new born cub, he played roughly 40 minutes in 4 game :?
in his first game he very nearly won it for us at the death agasint eventual premiers. The easiest way to learn is get out their and make some mistakes, i dont believe it will stiffle his deveolpment or confidence at all, if there is one thing that Elliot can do is keep confidence up, also Snoopy Collins promotion to the first grade coaching team will help because he has had a lot to do with Carneys development thus far.

If he is to start on the bench and Withers at half for the first part of the season i can deal with it but he needs to be playing 30+ minutes, not this f**king bullshit 10-15 minutes shit. Whats he gonna do in 10-15 minutes?! Not a whole f**kin lot ill give you the tip.