What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minor premiership question

Terry-Randal

Juniors
Melbourne should get it cause they lost 3 games due to origin otherwise they would have been miles ahead.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Well ladies and gentlemen, I don't think any of our contestants this evening have succeeded in encapsulating the intricacies of Proust's masterwork, so I'm going to award the first prize this evening to the girl with the biggest tits.

Tommax25

Bench
And? The two teams on top at the end would be Melb and Manly...and Melb beat them twice. This is not about beating the likes of the eels, dogs, cowboys or rabbits.

The minor premiership is about the most consistent team. Why should melbourne get an edge because they beat manly twice but couldn't beat other teams that manly did (in order for them to be equal after melb's two wins)?

Its in the spanish la liga too and real madrid won a few years ago on that basis, despite barca having a better for/against. I think its a stupid way to decide these things. To decide it the order should be comp points, point differential, points for, points against, head-to-head record.

cb4

First Grade
i dont think thats right it should be regular season games

melbourne where punished during origin
when their players were out, they lost to the dragons, when they are in they belted them,
manly at full strength lost to the dragons
the most consistant team on a basis is melbourne
with no origin interuptions they would be miles ahead

bennoonthehill

Juniors
i dont think thats right it should be regular season games

melbourne where punished during origin
when their players were out, they lost to the dragons, when they are in they belted them,
manly at full strength lost to the dragons
the most consistant team on a basis is melbourne
with no origin interuptions they would be miles ahead

This concept of 'fairness' is absurd. Sure Melbourne have been the better team this year probably, but being successful goes hand in hand with losing players for rep duty. Should Manly be punished because only one of their players was deemed good enough for Origin?

Bulldog Force

Referee
This concept of 'fairness' is absurd. Sure Melbourne have been the better team this year probably, but being successful goes hand in hand with losing players for rep duty. Should Manly be punished because only one of their players was deemed good enough for Origin?
No - they are successful on different levels. Manly don't deplete at origin time and learned to play well together through years of gelling together. Melbourne are successful because of a large amount of high-profile players in the squad.

sting

Bench
what bullsh*t. boo hoo that melbourne lost 3 games when all their stars were out. i've said it before, if you want to put all your eggs in one basket and have 10 origin players then your going to be depleted during origin and lose games. call it lack of depth. i'm sure every team in the comp would rather have 10 origin players for 21 games a year and be without them for 3.

chinorocks

Juniors
what bullsh*t. boo hoo that melbourne lost 3 games when all their stars were out. i've said it before, if you want to put all your eggs in one basket and have 10 origin players then your going to be depleted during origin and lose games. call it lack of depth. i'm sure every team in the comp would rather have 10 origin players for 21 games a year and be without them for 3.

Put all your eggs in one basket? So those ten guys we're Origin players when they arrived in Melbourne? I count none. And only Inglis and Folou looked destined for Origin.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed.

Melbourne didn't go out and buy 10 State of Origin players. They developed good players into great players.

McLovin

Staff member
A hypothetical
At this stage Manly are front of the storm on Differential
Manly +272 (for 611 ag 339)
Storm +264 (for 542 ag 278)
say next week Manly win by 8 and the Storm win by 16
so they both would finish on +280

who would be Minor premiers ? :-k

The Sharks...Because we will beat the cowboys by 300 points

They're going to develop a new system to change the system for 2009. If you beat a side outside the 8, you get 3 points, if you beat a side in the 8 you, then its 5 points.

Before the season starts, teams are to rank there players a score between 1 and 50 for all their players. These scores are then divided by 1000 so the highest score a player can have is .05. These scores are used to produce further "fairness" in the table. If a player is on the casualty ward, or has rep duties, then this players score is deducted from the total points on offer to the opposition should they win the game.

This should bring "fairness" back into the ladder.

dannyboy

Juniors
They're going to develop a new system to change the system for 2009. If you beat a side outside the 8, you get 3 points, if you beat a side in the 8 you, then its 5 points.

Before the season starts, teams are to rank there players a score between 1 and 50 for all their players. These scores are then divided by 1000 so the highest score a player can have is .05. These scores are used to produce further "fairness" in the table. If a player is on the casualty ward, or has rep duties, then this players score is deducted from the total points on offer to the opposition should they win the game.

This should bring "fairness" back into the ladder.

Are you an actuary?

zaku

Juniors
And melb should not be punished because they didnt get to play against more plebs than what manly did,

Not true mate!!:crazy:
Manly and Melbourne both played against 11 top 8 sides and 12 bottom 8 sides each throughout the season, (as the ladder stands now!).
Cant get much fairer than that.:lol:

cupid

Juniors
Storm will get the MP, the NRL have already made sure that they will get into the GF, don't believe me? look at the poll on NRL.com,'Who are the Storm most likely to meet in the Grand Final?' now tell me how the NRL isn't biased towards Melbourne?

Last edited:

paulp

Juniors
I have two suggestions.

The first one is going back to the old AMCO cup mid week comp rules... I think it was most tries if equals most goals if still equal least penalties...

The second one is to get all 17 players from each team to drop their pants and whoever has the biggest one wins it for their team. What a blokey way to work out the minor premiership !

Latest posts