What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Impossible - 4 straight wins , a loss and life,5 wins to go?

Galeforce

Bench
I am a diehard Souths supporter , always have been and always will be!

The last three games have been wonderful and turned around a season which started with injury mixed with fitness concerns and inconsistancies in performance. we are where we are !!

To make the finals will need some miracles. We have been also blessed for a change with minimal injuries in the last three games. Another blessing required for the remaining three games.

Cowboys will probably be our easiest game in the next three and yet i will be surprised if we win this one. Cowboys coming off successive losses with a second up game from Thurston and playing for a top 4 position.They are a good team with strike players in the backs and forwards.They have also had a 7 day turnaround against our 5 days . The key plus is that we are playing in Sydney.

Should we get through this one , then Brisbane and Knights at home will be even harder. We have failed these "end of year" tests in the past decade , so this will require major luck to continue to come our way ( bounce of ball , ref calls and injuries) on top of the full game commitment that the team has started to show.

Also consider all the media build up that is being generated.We are definitely not the quiet achievers. Can the team manage that? Another major test.

To win these games will mean 6 straight wins . When last done by Souths when needed?

Now if we do get this far and it is a tall order , we go into the finals as the media darlings . Can we put that behind us and get through successive games to get to the GF when every other team will be sick of the media our team would have received ?

It is mission impossible to get to GF , i would love to see it happen , however it will only require ONE loss to end. Enjoy each moment from now on as it may be our collective last for 2011 or it may end up as one of the most memorial seasons for Souths.

It could be history in the making as it is Mission Impossible!!!

Last edited:
Hi Muzby I am glad the rumours that you had topped yourself were wrong,you can now give us advice on the topic of the big choke,of which you are an expert,and which is happening to St Merge again!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hi Muzby I am glad the rumours that you had topped yourself were wrong,you can now give us advice on the topic of the big choke,of which you are an expert,and which is happening to St Merge again!

rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated..

and don't call our slump a choke..

a choke implies that we were in a high pressure game..

we've simply f**ked up and lost 4 games against lowly ranked teams..

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
nah... you'll choke..

i don't think choke is the word. For us to choke we would have to be rated highly for the premiership, and fail in a major way. Like your mob. I'm happy for us to keep our darkhorse status.

Having said that, I'm too experienced in my teams late season charges going sour for me to think this year will be any different. Another 9th place is my prediction

Zigwaa

Bench
I am a diehard Souths supporter , always have been and always will be!

The last three games have been wonderful and turned around a season which started with injury mixed with fitness concerns and inconsistancies in performance. we are where we are !!

To make the finals will need some miracles. We have been also blessed for a change with minimal injuries in the last three games. Another blessing required for the remaining three games.

Cowboys will probably be our easiest game in the next three and yet i will be surprised if we win this one. Cowboys coming off successive losses with a second up game from Thurston and playing for a top 4 position.They are a good team with strike players in the backs and forwards.They have also had a 7 day turnaround against our 5 days . The key plus is that we are playing in Sydney.

Should we get through this one , then Brisbane and Knights at home will be even harder. We have failed these "end of year" tests in the past decade , so this will require major luck to continue to come our way ( bounce of ball , ref calls and injuries) on top of the full game commitment that the team has started to show.

Also consider all the media build up that is being generated.We are definitely not the quiet achievers. Can the team manage that? Another major test.

To win these games will mean 6 straight wins . When last done by Souths when needed?

Now if we do get this far and it is a tall order , we go into the finals as the media darlings . Can we put that behind us and get through successive games to get to the GF when every other team will be sick of the media our team would have received ?

It is mission impossible to get to GF , i would love to see it happen , however it will only require ONE loss to end. Enjoy each moment from now on as it may be our collective last for 2011 or it may end up as one of the most memorial seasons for Souths.

It could be history in the making as it is Mission Impossible!!!

Yes certainly a tough test and begs the question why we leave our run so late each year. We really under perform in the middle part of the season, this is an ongoing problem. Hopefully Maguire can address this issue and we can play consistent footy over the whole season, not just in patches.

I'll be behind the boys these last 3 games with no expectations of finals, just want them to do their best and give it a real crack.

Go souths!

You guys are going to be dead in the water after the next 2 weeks, no way you's are beating either let alone the Knights @ home on old boys night.

Zigwaa

Bench
We'll see. You were so on the mark with your so called "inside knowledge" that Sandow was heading to Broncos and Gower signed with Souths.

Knights lost last year on old boys day too.

boo_boo

Juniors
We just need to keep winning & that's all we can expect from the team.
Let the rest look after itself.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Hope for the best but don't necessarily expect it.

I'd say we should enjoy what's left of the season - however long that is - and hopefully Souths continues to entertain as they have been the last couple of weeks.

AceAv

Juniors
I feel pretty confident that the Red Hot Rabbities can surge past the cowboys on Friday. Considering JT is still rusty its gonna be bowen vs merrit (probably Bowen wins this by a whisker) and Sandow vs JT (Id say Sandow much more confidence vs JT's experience) Inglis>Tate/tonga and Taylor>Scott.

I really would like to see the bunnies make the 8 (finally). They are an exciting team to watch these days and always seem to bring a decent crowd to the games.

I'm pretty sure you rabbits will be cheerin hard for my Ponies to ride the Knights on Monday. Looking at the table if results go your way well this week (with good f/a) I predict rabbitohs will need to only win 2/3 games -The loss I will predict to come from Suncorp -but a win here would prove your more of a premiership team, rather then just a finals team...

Bulldogs shouldn't be an issue with their f/a and playing Manly and Newcastle. The best news is you have your fate on the line come round 26 as I rkn it will be equal points with the Knighties come this match with loser missing out on 8th place!

BranVan3000

Coach
Our form now is reminiscent of early 2010 where we had a lot of really strong victories and seemed to be playing with a lot of confidence. That all fell apart where we had a bunch of bad injuries/suspension to our forwards like Issac Luke, Burgess, Taylor in the space of a week and Broncos smashed us by 50. Haven't seen them playing as strongly since then

broncos2010

Juniors
Lets face it guys this is modern day football. Yes back in the days when the comp had 6 teams you guys won the comp nearly every year. Clap Clap.

But modern day football is dominated by teams like Broncos and Storm.Who knows maybe in 20-30 years it might be your time again.

BranVan3000

Coach
Lets face it guys this is modern day football. Yes back in the days when the comp had 6 teams you guys won the comp nearly every year. Clap Clap.

But modern day football is dominated by teams like Broncos and Storm.Who knows maybe in 20-30 years it might be your time again.

Funny, we beat you the last time we met :roll:

I'm sure you remember that though

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=385521

You're next buddy ;)

Last edited:

Koopa111

Juniors

This guy has to be the biggest d**** on this forum, i was hoping Lockyer could have went out a winner but since reading this idiots posts i cant wait until they get hammered in the finals.

6 teams :roll::roll:

Its okay broncos2010,just wait a short time until the Independant Commission takes over.They will disclose the truth that all in rugby league already know, that everyone of your premierships was with a team that was way over the salary cap, and you will rightfully end up with no titles!!
Maybe in 20 or 30 years you will win a real premiership.
Forever in our shadow

Galeforce

Bench
Souths have lost their recent luck with injury , however clawed back to win a game that was lost . To lose Inglis , Merritt before the game and still win after being down 12 points inside the last 10 minutes , Epic stuff.

Inglis should be OK for Brisbane game , however Sutton with a possible broken finger and Merritt could be missing . Roy back however a shame to drop any of the current forwards. Inglis to 5/8 if Sutton out?

Mr Spock!

Referee

Typical. Nfi on the history of the game. History only started when the Broncos came into the comp didn't it champ. If Souths were the only team in Sydney we'd have won a lot more than your mob.

Latest posts