What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Moses

T.S Quint

Coach
Even that comes down to luck on the day. Melbourne have won half of the grand finals they have played in, including half of the ones they appeared in while cheating.

We have lost our two grand finals since 1986, but it's only two games. If we were a (theoretical) 50% chance of winning either game it's not outlandish that we should lose (or win) both of them. The chance of winning one would be 50% while the chance of winning or losing both would be 25%

Luck certainly plays a part in it, but it’s not always the only factor that gets you a win on the day.
I mean how much luck was involved in the Storm flogging the Cowboys in the 2017 GF? I think one team was just much better than the other.

Although you could say that Melbourne were lucky to be playing such an inferior team on the big day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Luck certainly plays a part in it, but it’s not always the only factor that gets you a win on the day.
I mean how much luck was involved in the Storm flogging the Cowboys in the 2017 GF? I think one team was just much better than the other.

Although you could say that Melbourne were lucky to be playing such an inferior team on the big day.
I didn't mean luck was the only factor, though coming from eighth place was a fair indication of the Cowboys' quality. When their luck ran out they were easy prey for the Storm.

But last year the two grand final teams were pretty evenly matched and the Roosters were lucky on the day to do it so easy.

T.S Quint

Coach
I didn't mean luck was the only factor, though coming from eighth place was a fair indication of the Cowboys' quality. When their luck ran out they were easy prey for the Storm.

But last year the two grand final teams were pretty evenly matched and the Roosters were lucky on the day to do it so easy.

We’re the Roosters lucky or were the Storm unlucky?

Or both?
Or neither?

f**k, I don’t even know any more. I just consider myself lucky enough to have watched the Storm get trounced in a GF. Good times.

Queens Gambit

Juniors
Don't blame you for being a bit cranky at him. But, to get things into perspective: 1. He's only 22 yrs old - most half-backs don't peak until at least 25yrs. 2. He spent two years playing alongside half-back-killer, Robbie Farrah. That would have put his development back a bit. 3. Brad Arthur is a better coach than your guy. 4. He'll never play origin or be a superstar - but I'll bet he develops into a bloody good first grade half back. (That's just my opinion, so it doesn't mean much.) 5. He's now playing in a side that he hasn't gotten used to yet, and with a very inexperienced dummy half and fullback. And our backs have changed every game since he's started with us, so he hasn't been able to work up any combinations yet.
6. Let's just give him time - because that's what a 22yr old half-back in the NRL needs. Time. 7. Ivan Cleary will get you guys a good solid team with no stars in it, that will be fairly competitive most of the time but will never win a premiership or go close. 8. In about two years time, West Tigers will be wishing they kept Moses (not to mention the others).

well the two years is up. (sorry I am late finding this abode)

strider

Post Whore
Mitch said something interesting on channel 9 news ..... along the lines of, BA was standing back and letting other people run things last year, but this year he is not and things are much better

Queens Gambit

Juniors
You should've found it 12 months ago after we got the spoon. Then you'd look like a genius, like all the other Tigers fans who we haven't heard from for months.

Half the Tiger fans are still nailing Farah to the cross - they are bit like bad drunks. Moses will live in their folklore beyond our days.

Gronk

Staff member
The telecrap ran a story today apparently saying that the answer to the Broncos problems is Moses. :grimacing::joy: