What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Frei

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Meh I think McCullough is overrated at the Broncos. They love him. There is no way he should have won 2012 player of the year. Our voting had him down at 5th, which imo is more accurate, probably still a bit too high.

Clintos

Live Update Team
Im a Macca fan. The work he does in defence is terrific and we never look as structured when he's off the field.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Im a Macca fan. The work he does in defence is terrific and we never look as structured when he's off the field.

Not saying he is a bad player, just overrated is all.

I just really hope we don't do the whole Ben Hunt off the bench thing this year. Either let McCullough play 80 or have a decent back-up hooker, either Baptiste or Granville. I'd prefer the latter approach. I don't think McCullough's game is consistent enough to play the full 80 yet.

Clintos

Live Update Team
Agree 100%. Granville is my preference as a back up hooker. Baptiste's defence just isn't up to scratch IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
Frei apparently went well tonight. We may regret letting him go.

I already do. I even believe there is truth to what Elia is saying, not to the extent of which he's saying it but to have lost Beale, Te'o, Gagai & Frei on his watch and the potential to lose even more promising up and comers in Baptiste, Hunt & Copley calls into question his management of those talents.

It's a bit disheartening to see us pick up a Titans reject and play him in-front of somebody who's been doing all he can to carry our 20s and his QCup side.

Or how Lui keeps get chances despite being cod ordinary since 2010.

Look, there are rational explanations for why certain players were let go. I understand that Beale was a pretty ordinary winger and Hoffman was preferred at fullback. I get that we already had a backrow of Glenn, Thaiday, Parker & Gillett with a bunch of great up and comers coming through so trying to justify a fat pay packet for Te'o would be tough. What I don't get is why we're looking to get rid of a guy we processed like Frei for slugs like Slyney or why Gagai was let go. The latter still really stinks to me, something doesn't add up there based on the info....

I could go on.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
What I don't get is why we're looking to get rid of a guy we processed like Frei for slugs like Slyney or why Gagai was let go.

Should have dropped Slyney and Lui for Frei.

Hopefully Timu will come good in the next couple of seasons.

Clintos

Live Update Team
Timu is a future star!

Irrespective of what we have lost - we still have a lot of quality forwards coming through IMO.

Timu, Oates, Molo, Gibb, Wallace etc. I still rate Dodds for his defensive ability. McGuire is still only 23 after all.

Big Pete

Referee
Long term we should be ok.

Short term we're lacking a bit of depth, especially in the backs.

beads6

First Grade
I really hope we start to stop losing some of this highly rated talent. Gagai is just a huge loss.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
LOL @ you. You don't even watch the games. You base you shit on awards and shit you read in the papers.

Nice comeback goose. You've got no idea who I am or what I do...

For the record, I haven't missed a single Broncs game for the last 3 years.

At the start of every season we hear about how Mccullough going to step up. He's lucky he won the Bronco of the year as they all pretty much sucked last year. Will Zillman is also part of the emerging Origin squad. What does this tell you? :roll:
Segeryaro and Srama are both ahead of him. Lets not forget Ballin either.
I would have Baptiste over him as well.

Well thank f**k you aren't in charge of the Queensland Origin selections or have anything whatsoever to do with the Broncs.

You'd make the Australian cricket selectors look sane...

So both Reed and Gillett both played representative football last season so that automatically means they had good years :crazy:
Reed was picked by the fans while Gillett was picked on reputation.
I bet you didn't even watch one Bronco game last year.

Remember how Gillett started last season? THAT's why he played origin. He didn't finish well, but then neither did virtually anyone in the club, apart from one or 2 standouts (McGuire etc).

Reed had a mixed season that's true, but he's a solid player who carried an injury for most of it, and showed his class with very nice touches at times, with round the corner passes etc to put his wingers in.

Norman has always been shit. Even in the under 20s I never rated him when all the dumb asses raved how good he was even though they never see him played.
Tell me how many under 20 games you have watched Norman played? I bet you none. Exactly. Leon Bott won the rookie of year at the Broncos one time as well. Where is he now? :sarcasm:

Bott's playing Rugby in Sydney but that's neither here nor there. I've seen Norman play a shitload of times, as every Broncs game I attend, I make sure to get there in time to watch the U20's as well.

There's no doubt he needs to do a bit of growing up and become more consistent but he has the talent to be a very good player. Time will tell if he can convert talent into consistent performance, one full season in NRL isn't enough to decide his fate.

Not for anyone of a sound mind anyway. He was nowhere near bad enough to write off completely.

Game Set Match to me.

Next challenger please.

LoL. Game, set, match? You can't even find your racket...

jakepearce94

Juniors
McCullough has not improved. Hes the still the same average player we all waiting to step up.
Reed and Gillett have both gone backwards.
And Corey Norman has always been shit.
Thanks for proving my point you dumb ass LOL
mccullough won the broncos player of the year award? gillett played well last night and if norman is shit why is he making first grade? seeing you are so far up gagai's ass, why don't you just piss off to the newcastle dragqueens forum.

jakepearce94

Juniors
LOL @ you. You don't even watch the games. You base you shit on awards and shit you read in the papers.

At the start of every season we hear about how Mccullough going to step up. He's lucky he won the Bronco of the year as they all pretty much sucked last year. Will Zillman is also part of the emerging Origin squad. What does this tell you? :roll:
Segeryaro and Srama are both ahead of him. Lets not forget Ballin either.
I would have Baptiste over him as well.

So both Reed and Gillett both played representative football last season so that automatically means they had good years :crazy:
Reed was picked by the fans while Gillett was picked on reputation.
I bet you didn't even watch one Bronco game last year.

Norman has always been shit. Even in the under 20s I never rated him when all the dumb asses raved how good he was even though they never see him played.
Tell me how many under 20 games you have watched Norman played? I bet you none. Exactly. Leon Bott won the rookie of year at the Broncos one time as well. Where is he now? :sarcasm:

Game Set Match to me.

Next challenger please.
has segeyaro even pledged his availability to queensland?

broncos4life

Juniors
Anyone that finishes a post with 'game set and match me' is either an obnoxious 8 year old or has severe social problems coupled with major self confidence issues... So which is it Elia?

b4l

Juniors
mccullough won the broncos player of the year award? gillett played well last night and if norman is shit why is he making first grade? seeing you are so far up gagai's ass, why don't you just piss off to the newcastle dragqueens forum.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!

I bet in 5 years time, no one will remember Mccullough winning the award. I bet no one will bring up how great a season he had.. cause it was average at best!

So Gillett played a decent game last night makes up for the turd ham sandwiches he dished up last season? :roll:

HAHA so just because Norman is still playing first grade makes him an awesome player, you're a dumb ass.

Game Set Match to Me.

Next challenger please.

b4l

Juniors
24m7pqs.jpg

Good read. See how Wayne is doing everything to try make Dane happy? Bringing his brother down and his family to relocate end of the year.
See how Jacob wasn't happy at the Broncos? No surprises there.

Now the facts. The coach told him he was playing after his MOM performance in the QLD Cup and told him not to go out that Sunday night to the Normanby and rest up which he did. On the Tuesday morning he went back on his word and told him he has decided to go for the more experience "bigger body" player in Copley.
This is when Dane went on a 24 hour bender. He had lost all respect for the coach. If Beale didn't sign with the Dragons, I doubt the coach was going to offer Dane another contract anyway. Dane felt the coach never really believed in his ability and no matter how well he played he wasn't going to get picked.
He was never sacked by the Broncos. He was just told he wouldn't be playing any first grade that season.
It's quite sad really. That got along fairly well from the under 20s but things turn to turd sandwiches rather quickly.

Big Pete

Referee
Remember when Henjak was let go, the first move Hook made was to bring Gagai back into the starting side? Originally Kahu was slated to make his debut and Dane was on the outer.

Something doesn't add up.

ggmu

Juniors
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!!

I bet in 5 years time, no one will remember Mccullough winning the award. I bet no one will bring up how great a season he had.. cause it was average at best!

So Gillett played a decent game last night makes up for the turd ham sandwiches he dished up last season? :roll:

HAHA so just because Norman is still playing first grade makes him an awesome player, you're a dumb ass.

Game Set Match to Me.

Next challenger please.

Norman is still young will improve with time. And yes he is good as he is playing first grade. How many game of nrl have u played?

Latest posts