What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Mortimer: A poor clubs Cronk and an overpriced Mortimer

Swiftstylez

Bench
So you don't care to answer my question?
Someone of my stature doesn't get summoned to address people individually. Feel free to vicariously peruse my thoughts given freely to everyone of which my stance to your deficient logic is made very clear.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Some of you need to read what you are typing. How can a contract be finalised if it is not even sure if it pertains to this year or not yet?? Have a look at what is happening with Tedesco allegedly staying,Woods unconfirmed etc. Everyone thought they were done deals.
Yes Moses could sign but he is still in the seat to backflip and so are the Eels.

If you think this is an entertaining argument or debatable I feel sorry for you.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I really don't wish to be mean to Moses (and Norman) but as the Grand Final draws near there is no better way to highlight what has been said by great contributors in this forum. Ones that actually have a nuance for what makes a great footballer and in another life could possibly have been a talent scout. It was also obvious to those that adhere to logic and reason that Foran was also going to be useless to any kind of success of the Eels team, being entirely unspectacular while he played at Manly.

Imagine how different this year could have been if we dropped some of the dead weight and instead of singing Moses the Eels signed Cronk. I can taste the outrage of those that were opposed to this suggestion a couple of years ago like it was yesterday but this stubborness is what ultimately won the Eels another spoon. The fact of the matter is, this is the problem with the Eels.

The problem is in the salary cap era you need to sign players that are in their prime at the time you sign them. Don't be ageist, look at the reality of performances. f**k the future. Slater is still killing it at 35 ffs! Hayne could potentially still win another Dally M with the right attitude and team.

Cronk was the signing that needed to be made and I'm sorry, if you couldn't see that then you are probably the someone that would say that Cameron Smith would be a waste of money to sign for next year. How did the "future" go for this year? Cronk should have had everything thrown at him when he left the Storm.

Time for the dreamers to wake up and smell the METSM. Even Morts could win spoons, and at least Sandow had a go, setting up tries for Hayne left, right and center (go and watch the special that Fox Sports had on all of Hayne's tries, Sandow feature in a lot of them), actually taking pride in his performances in the blue and gold. Probably would have been a champion at the Rabbitohs to be honest.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers