What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - Contract Situation

Apey

Staff member
Look, I was shit talking Pearce before it was cool but there is no question he is the only one that got the rest of the useless pricks interested in winning every week. Such short memories, can't anyone remember how dire we were after he got hurt against the Tigers? We will 1000% miss his competiveness, unless Joey can somehow turn them around in that regard.

With Pearce: 8 wins 4 losses
Without Pearce: 4 wins 9 losses

With Pearce
1635384876079.png

Without Pearce
1635385100884.png

Just a slight difference in quality between the teams we played with Pearce and without.

Not denying he's going to be a loss but we only played 1 good team with him playing it was Parra in the first week of the finals.

Yosh

Coach
Stats don’t lie Yoshi. We are a vastly better team with him.

Sure. But they are taken out of context. We had a good run of form towards the end of the season after we lost to the higher placed teams. It was more an issue of Pearce coming in at the right time more than his performances winning us those games.

Also, a more important stats:

Finals win with Pearce = 0.

Stats don't lie!!

Burwood

Bench
“I will say that it is defenitely not the Knights’ priority.

Looks like a big, “no thanks” to Norman from the club as well (I’ll ignore a journalist not being able to correctly spell definitely…)

Drinkwater is a more talented Hoy? Think they both play a similar role in their teams.

Jono078

Referee
Looks like a big, “no thanks” to Norman from the club as well (I’ll ignore a journalist not being able to correctly spell definitely…)

Drinkwater is a more talented Hoy? Think they both play a similar role in their teams.
I'm undecided on Drinkwater.. I've seen a few dominant great games by him but then the rest are well below average.

He does have an understanding with Clifford and certainly has ability. Just not sure what his real ceiling is and consistency. He's

Yosh

Coach
Drinkwater seems like a poor man's Ponga. Can do some exciting stuff but has zero affect on many games.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Drinkwater is good in attack but is an absolute turnstile in defence, usually missed 5+ tackles per game. I’m not sure if the positives outweigh the negatives

PhilGould

Bench
If Drinkwater actually becomes available he is the best option of the names mentioned, factoring in price tag as well. Don't think Cows will let him go though.

Burwood

Bench
Is it a good sign if you aren’t good enough to be a starting half in a team that’s been bottom 4 the last 4 years?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
If Drinkwater actually becomes available he is the best option of the names mentioned, factoring in price tag as well. Don't think Cows will let him go though.
I’d say Chanel Harris Tevita is the pick of the bunch in terms of the guys who could possibly be available or might be looking to move. It’s all hypothetical though.

Jono078

Referee
Is it a good sign if you aren’t good enough to be a starting half in a team that’s been bottom 4 the last 4 years?
To be honest I think it says more about the decisions the Cowboys have made.

Brought over Dearden in desperation and a gamble - there is potential however.

Then got caught up in the halfback market and went stupid with their offer for Townsend. Mind still boggles over that.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Pearce has left the club in a bind. He should have been More upfront last season before the market dried up. Aiden Sezer, Widdop, and George Williams are all committed to Super league clubs now. The club has every right to demand a decent compensation from Catalans. We paid release fees for Bailey and Dom. If we could get him out of England, Jake Connor from
Hull FC would be worth a look. Gun. Feisty little bastard as well. Reminds me of a young Gary Schofield.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Pearce has left the club in a bind. He should have been More upfront last season before the market dried up. Aiden Sezer, Widdop, and George Williams are all committed to Super league clubs now. The club has every right to demand a decent compensation from Catalans. We paid release fees for Bailey and Dom. If we could get him out of England, Jake Connor from
Hull FC would be worth a look. Gun. Feisty little bastard as well. Reminds me of a young Gary Schofield.
It looks like the 1 yr, reduced contract Pearce signed for 2022 was the second smartest thing the club could have done with Pearce..

No matter which way you look at it, we are getting out of this well. It could have been much, much worse.

Loose Cannon

Bench
It looks like the 1 yr, reduced contract Pearce signed for 2022 was the second smartest thing the club could have done with Pearce..

No matter which way you look at it, we are getting out of this well. It could have been much, much worse.
Second smartest. Couldn’t agree more.

Latest posts