What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - Contract Situation

Old dog

Juniors
Pearce when he played was not always good this past year but the team on a whole seemed better because of him. Unfortunately he has reached his use by date for the NRL and his number of good games is on the decline so him leaving is a good option especially with Joey to assist coach. Think Clune and Crossland will give as good as Pearce might have it depends largely on the rest of the squad to aim up. We don’t need another 30+ half, we have the makings of a top squad with plenty of future improvements, develop and go strong.

Jono078

Referee
Danny Weidler reporting Pearce will be officially released today.

Also reports out there that Michael Hodgson will officially transfer to the Tigers today.

Whether that ties into Brooks coming here or not, who knows.

Danny Weidler reporting Pearce will be officially released today.

Also reports out there that Michael Hodgson will officially transfer to the Tigers today.

Whether that ties into Brooks coming here or not, who knows.
Aside from the old Canturbury Bulldogs player, I have no idea who Michael Hodgson is

Silent Knight

First Grade
Awesome.... Now we can use that 600k to upgrade Mann and Hoy!

Michael-Hagan-6310011.jpg

Apey

Staff member
Thanks for giving it your best and being a big coup for the club at the time. Clearly past it the last couple of years though and it was desperately time to move him on at the end of 2022. Bit of a f**kery for us its happening prior to the start. Still, I'd probably rather watch an unknown for 2022 than the same old shit.

Burwood

Bench
I think his contract was very well handled. One year allowed the club some certainty, but also didn’t over commit.

From the day he signed it, you knew that he’d either finish 2021 strongly and be a chance of securing an additional year in 2023, or finish poorly and look to another club or the ESL.

Feel like both Pearce and the club are separating on good terms, and there was a pretty solid chance that it could have finished very differently if not handled so well.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Assuming now the club has approved his release, they have a plan. New signing announcement soon?

Jono078

Referee
I think we all have to be honest with ourselves. Pearce moving on means Mann is the biggest beneficiary here. I expect him to have a more prominent, and possibly, a starting role.

Jono078

Referee
I don't mind Drinkwater.

I think our attack will be better next year.. Defense might take a hit though.

BLN2

Juniors
That would be odd, having the Cowboys sub par 2021 halves join you guys. But looking at both Clifford and Drinkwater, they should be able to work together really nicely. Still young, can kick and run, Drinkwater has a bit of X factor..

And the Cows would end up with Dearden and Townshend.. I know what pairing I would rather have at my club.

Yosh

Coach
Drinkwater doesn't sound all that bad. I don't mind giving up a little defense if it means we improve our attacking stats.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Drinkwater is a terrible defender. I’m not super happy if we brought him here. I would rather see Clune in the no.7 as he’s at least solid in all facets.

Latest posts