What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce - Contract Situation

Old dog

Juniors
Lot of speculation now especially as have room in our cap. I would like to think that whoever we get, half or 2nd row that he is a quality, better than what we have, and has 3-4 good years left so we can build towards finals.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Drinkwater is a horrendous defender and goes missing often in attack, taking low % options too often.

His rare attacking highlights aren't enough to cover his complete lack of ability in defence. We'd honestly be better with Mann.

Yosh

Coach
Drinkwater is a horrendous defender and goes missing often in attack, taking low % options too often.

His rare attacking highlights aren't enough to cover his complete lack of ability in defence. We'd honestly be better with Mann.

You being serious or is that just hyperbole? Mann is a horrendous defender and I wish he would go missing in attack. He is the human handbrake in attack.

slotmachine

First Grade
Drinkwater is a bit better than people might think. Yeah he's not a great defender but he has a try involvement (try/assist) at almost the same rate as Ponga.

And yet people are suggesting crossland is a potential answer.

Woosh

Head Moderator
If push came to shove, I would take Drinkwater over Clune.
The biggest issue with Drinkwater apart from his defence is that he does some good things in attack but then ruins it with some absolute derpness that leaves you scratching your balls ala Corey Norman.