What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB 2008: The Awesomeness of the Rays

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Just looked at the standings at the half way point of the season:

And all I have to say is ...

WHAT THE F*ck !!!

Tampa Bay Rays the best team in baseball ???
Is this a joke?
Am I in a parallel universe where everything is reversed? Do cats chase dogs? Does rain rise up? Do babies give birth to parents? Has Cronulla won 12 straight premierships?

Mind you, this shouldn't be that surprising considering the young talent the Rays have been stockpiling the past few years. But stil ...

Still there more than a month on and 3 games clear of the second placed Red Sox. A lot more to do though if they want to win the World Series, but so far so good.

I follow the Twins and I see they aren't doing too badly either.

I keep waiting for the Rays bubble to burst.

They were NEVER supposed to be in this position at this point in the year being in the same division as the Red Sox and the Evil Empire. I mean, they have a payroll that is like 1/10th of the Yankees.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
The scary thing about the Rays is that they still have more elite prospects to come, David Price in particular. Tampa is going to have a loaded lineup and pitching staff locked up for next to nothing for at least the next few years, even the Yankees & Red Sox millions might not be able to compete with them.

The Rays just had their best month ever
21-8
The bubble doesn't look to be bursting
This is even after a fair few injuries to some of their best players (Crawford and Longoria)
They are now 5.5 games ahead of the Red Sox with only about 25 games left

Meantime, the Yankees are 12.5 games behind :)

MSH

Juniors
The Rays are so close to capturing the AL East division, but another loss today!
2 game lead over the Red Sox with 3 games left for both teams. The Red Sox start a 3 game home series againest the Yankees tomorrow, and the Rays have 3 more games in there series againest the Tigers in Detroit.

Matt23

Staff member
Go the Rays, any team that denies the Red Sox another World Series earns my respect every time :clap:

Last edited: