What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mogg returns

Cryptic

Juniors
Wasn't he playing 5/8 for them or something wierd like that? If so he maybe a better half back choice than Herbert or McCrone... I mean not like he would need to produce much better than either of them to get the gig and he has a lot more experience in first grade than the two of them put together...

Wasn't he playing 5/8 for them or something wierd like that? If so he maybe a better half back choice than Herbert or McCrone... I mean not like he would need to produce much better than either of them to get the gig and he has a lot more experience in first grade than the two of them put together...

Yep , his profile has him as a No6

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't think Furner sees him as a half. Haven't seen his organising skills but throw to number 7 if he has any.

shear_joy9

Coach
may aswell give mogg a go at 7. Atleast we know he can defend.

I'd put my money on herbert starting though.

sydraider

First Grade
I hope he busts his ass and does something, I dont like this signing one bit.

Our problem is holding onto the damned ball and completing sets!

If he has no injury he will be in the centres come the weekend. JT will be moved to the secondrow or bench.

well thats my opinion.

Dazraider

Juniors
When Mogg left many yrs ago he was in form, just hope he brings that form if he does play for us this week, watched him in Superleague and he didnt do much there

schnitzel

Juniors
How many games did you watch? He was on fire at 6 for catalans when i saw him , weaving in traffic and did some clever ball work and short kicks. Pretty sure he was one of the form players over there but he'll do a job for us at centre.

Its official

Former Canberra and Queenaland star Adam Mogg returns to Raiders

By staff writers
March 29, 2010 Former Canberra and Queensland Origin player Adam Mogg has returned to the Raiders, on a new deal that will see him in green until the end of the 2010 season.
Mogg left the Raiders at the end of 2006 to play in the English Super League for Les Catalan Dragons and will resume training with the club on Tuesday, just two days after he touched down in Australia.

The former Origin star said he’s ready for the challenge of stepping back into the NRL and wherever and whenever the coaching staff sees fit.

“I’m excited about being back in Australia and back in Canberra where I finished off and I’m keen to get back into it,” Mogg said.

“I’ll train with the team and see what the Coach thinks, it’s just good to be back home and I’m looking forward to the challenge.”

When asked if he was ready to make his way back into the team, Mogg was straight to the point.

“Certainly. I’m here to play footy for the Canberra Raiders, I’ve missed the last two weeks with the transition of finishing off in France and coming here, but I’m ready to go,” he said.

“It’s going to be a challenge and a step up in class but that’s what sports all about.”

In a whirlwind deal Mogg has made the change from France to Canberra in just over two weeks and said he’s looking forward to the challenge of playing and would see how he went before making a decision on his future past 2010.

“I got the call from Dave Furner two weeks ago and to be back here is a bit surreal but it’s something my family and I are happy about,” he said.

“I’ll finish this year off and see if I’m enjoying it and playing good footy and we’ll see.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26913874-5018866,00.html

aussies1st

Staff member
lol, Mogg in the halves, your kidding.

You guys reckon he'll go straight into first-grade?

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Looks like he'll walk straight in, don't mind it atm since our injured guys are a few weeks away and Milne just got injured. If hes playing like crap though I hope Furner has the balls to drop him.

Cryptic

Juniors
Wouldn't we have to drop one of our existing "top 25" players to fit him in? Wonder who got the axe....

Family reunions major factor in Mogg's Canberra return

BY LEE GASKIN
30 Mar, 2010 09:12 AM

735550.jpg

Just when the Canberra Raiders halfback debate appeared over, in steps Adam Mogg.
More known as a centre or winger during his previous stint with the Green Machine, the 32-year-old yesterday made his intentions clear he could fill any spot in the back line.

The Raiders have secured Mogg for the rest of the season, and his return could come as soon as Sunday's clash with the Wests Tigers at Canberra Stadium.

Mogg said he had added several elements to his game during his three-year stint with French Super League club Catalans Dragons, which followed four seasons with Canberra from 2003.

''I played a lot of five-eighth or in the halves, so I had to obviously develop and work hard at that,'' Mogg said. ''I'm a bit more versatile than I was when I went to France.''

Finding the ideal halves partner for five-eighth Terry Campese has been a sore point for the Raiders this year.

Marc Herbert was dumped to the Queensland Cup after round one, with Josh McCrone preferred for the past two weeks. McCrone, however, inspired little confidence with a dismal display in the Raiders' 24-4 loss to the Gold Coast on Saturday.

Mogg was greeted warmly by Raiders players and coaching staff yesterday, including Campese and assistant coach Andrew McFadden.

McFadden was on the Catalans coaching staff during Mogg's stay.

''I coached him over in France and he did a real good job in the halves,'' he said. ''At this stage we're looking for some outside back cover, with potential that if we do have injuries that he can cover that halfback spot.''

Mogg is yet to decide if he will return next year, but wants to hit the heights that earnt two Queensland State Of Origin caps in 2006.

''I'd definitely like to get back to that sort of form, whether that's enough to put you back in that Queensland team is a different thing,'' he said. ''That team's a special team. I've just got to worry about getting my form right and playing good footy for Canberra.''

Mogg returned to the Raiders HQ yesterday with two new additions two-year-old son Harry and four-month-old daughter Belle.

He said being closer to his family played a major role in his decision to return to Australia. ''Some of them haven't seen our daughter, so they're happy to have us back in Australia.''

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/lo ... 89557.aspx

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I think Mogg can really lift the team and give them a bit more confidence. I'm hoping he takes over Mccrone/Herberts spot because, quite frankly they're both useless.

Cryptic

Juniors
*points at earlier post

I still think he would be a better half than Herbert or McCrone... While I think McCrone is better, he still isn't first grade material at any other club...

I wasn't aware of the McFadden + Mogg factor, that could work out well too. The team looks really good warming up on the weekend with McFadden running around and assisting too... Then the game started :(