What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday night footy is great...

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Great to have the footy on monday night and I think no matter who is playing it will be a winner. However the pregame show was awful... really awful. Alexander on the touch screen not having a clue how to work it just seemed amateur hour. On top of that Tallis is the worst NRL commentator going. He talks like it's some 10 year old telling you about footy. The weekend review was totally hopeless compare to the old monday night show. I was really hoping for something superslick in terms of a pregame show. I hope the make massive improvments or i'll just be waiting for the game to come on.

bjm8

Juniors
Dont have Fox, im listening to Triple Ms live stream off nrl.com. Kev Walters is waaay to excited and just irritating. Other than that and MG's pointless insights, its alright. Beats watching home and away.

Ridders

Coach
i was feeling embarrased for Alexander when he was trying to work the touch screen. No effin idea at all

mattyg

Bench
In the pouring rain. after work. school tomorrow. work tomorrow. 24,000 crowd - what a great effort. Without the rain there woulda been a few thousand more IMO.

colonel_123

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
WOW how wrong i was:lol:
MMM Just said the crowd was over 24000:D

It was really hard to judge the number of people at the game on TV because people kept moving about to avoid the rain and it looked like there were alot of people crowding under the covered areas that don't get shown much during the coverage.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
mattyg said:
In the pouring rain. after work. school tomorrow. work tomorrow. 24,000 crowd - what a great effort. Without the rain there woulda been a few thousand more IMO.
Good effort especially since it looked like it was pouring down most of the time and the SFS is famous for being sh*t in the wet weather.

brooksy19

Bench
They really need to have a look at how the NFL presents their Monday night football, they make it seem so much more special than a normal game.

ouwet

Bench
colonel_123 said:
It was really hard to judge the number of people at the game on TV because people kept moving about to avoid the rain and it looked like there were alot of people crowding under the covered areas that don't get shown much during the coverage.

That's true... It was bucketing down! Great effort to all who went to the SFS tonight!!!

mattyg

Bench
Yeah Aussie Stadium is horrible in wet weather. Pretty much the entire bottom level is out in the open. At the first tri nations test i was up about 15 rows back on the top elevation and i was still getting wet when it started raining.

phonetic

Juniors
24,000 looked about right. If it was a nice day today I'm sure it would have pushed the 30k mark.

Should be a big crowd out at homebush next week.

I thought it was a success tonight. Congratulations to Souths. Thankyou Joey Williams for scoring the first try, and South Sydney for winning 1-12... a very good weekend on the punt.

mattyg

Bench
I can't wait for the Bulldogs v Souths game. Souths remain in form, Dogs win the next 2 game and we should go past 30,000 at it if they advertise it correctly. It has so much potential...battle of the kiwis, Asotasi vs Bulldogs, Kidwell vs Mason etc. etc. and with any luck SBW will be playing which won't harm figures.

ByRd

First Grade
plus its a friday night game, should be a big crowd for the souths/dogs clash

colonel_123

Juniors
mattyg said:
I can't wait for the Bulldogs v Souths game. Souths remain in form, Dogs win the next 2 game and we should go past 30,000 at it if they advertise it correctly. It has so much potential...battle of the kiwis, Asotasi vs Bulldogs, Kidwell vs Mason etc. etc. and with any luck SBW will be playing which won't harm figures.

I read an article on the weekend in which Holmes A Court said that he's aiming to have 50 000 people attend a Rabbitohs regular season match with in the next two years. He said that he'd targetted 4 games as having the potential to draw 50 000 and he named the Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs match as the first possibility if both teams are playing well.

Sorry I can't find a link to the article.

mattyg

Bench
50k wow...maybe a bit over the top but im quietly confident that it can get 40k if both teams are playing well in 3 weeks time

Lowdown

Juniors
Good job Souths (and Roosters) fans - 24,000 is not bad at all in that Weather. I hope this sets a positive sign for weeks to come.

I enjoyed Fox's 'upbeat' covergae - Wazza and Lozza just sounded slightly more excited than usual...although Brandy and co need some work. Brandy as sidekick, special analysis etc > brandy the host.

Eddie.

Bench
Brooksy is right.

Fox need to Jazz up Monday Night Football.

You don't even have to like the NFL and you can find it easy to get fired for for MNF the way they hype up the occasion.

I think the NRL are onto a winner but the pre game show was a little dull.

Latest posts