What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More NRL player crimes - Seteimata Sa

This one must have snuck by when it originally happened.

Interesting comparison!

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...979933644.html

The key points from that article are:

Wearing a Roosters tie, (Seteimata Sa attended court in Wollongong last week charged with grievous bodily harm
and

Sa - who is alleged to have thrown a punch that fractured a man's skull during a scuffle outside a fast-food outlet earlier this year
Valid argument I'd say. Clearly shows that some clubs (Raiders - Goodwin, Sharks - Bird) have higher standards than the Roosters. I think the Raiders and Sharks have done the right thing - which is to stand down someone accused of serious criminal charges pending the finalisation of the legal case, and I think the Roosters doing nothing about Sa are pissweak.

Noa

First Grade
Good on a club for sticking by its player until he's proven guilty rather then let the shrill-media dictate their policies.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
This is not new..

I believe it happened before the start of this season when Sa was a nobody..

SKD left his wallet in a kebab shop in the gong and someone stole his money out of it.

There was an altercation and Sa decked the guy...

Exactly the same as glassing your missus in my mind..

ozbash

Referee
Valid argument I'd say. Clearly shows that some clubs (Raiders - Goodwin, Sharks - Bird) have higher standards than the Roosters. I think the Raiders and Sharks have done the right thing - which is to stand down someone accused of serious criminal charges pending the finalisation of the legal case, and I think the Roosters doing nothing about Sa are pissweak.

valid argument my arse. You have picked out the juicy bits and forgotten the rest.

never let the truth get in the way of a good story ay ??

jack coburn

Juniors
wasn't this the case where kenny-dowell and sa were at maccas and left dowells wallet behind,they then returned and the group of about 8 blokes were there and they asked for the wallet,one of them gave the wallet back and the money was gone so an argument broke out and someone got flattened.this was in the papers,and to tell the truth if they stole the money and gave chaak they got what they deserved.
to compare it in any way with the bird situation is going to extremes,the only thing to talk about is how the clubs handle situations differently.
my personal opinion is that they sharks have spent alot of money and they need to get rid of bird and are using this as an excuse.

Red Bear

Referee
Yeah a bit of a different situation to the Bird incident. Doesnt look good obviously however if not self defence it was certainly nothing like glassing your girlfriend. As Sa said SKD's agressive behaviour was part of the problem, so it doesnt look good on his part, but sounds like Sa was simply backing up a mate.

bartman

Immortal
Good on a club for sticking by its player until he's proven guilty rather then let theshrill-media dictate their policies.
Trouble is, Bird never gave the Sharks a choice because he never gave his side of the situation to them... and when contacted he was caught out lying to his employer.

Bird :arrow: scrapheap.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Trouble is, Bird never gave the Sharks a choice because he never gave his side of the situation to them... and when contacted he was caught out lying to his employer.

and thats what all the bird defenders forget. someone from the sharks was in the papaer today quoted as saying 'he's been given three opportunities to tell his side and refused". he hasnt made it any easier for the sharks.

lets say this was actually an accident, if he ahd been upfront then the club may have supported him. refusing to cooperate just makes him look guilty

OVP

Coach

Interesting comparison!

It's a good thing you have an anonymous username. I'd be highly embarrassed if I used a real username while posting this dribble too. Goose :lol:

Johnny Bravo

Juniors

Interesting comparison!

The key points from that article are:

and

Defending a mate when fronted by 8 blokes trying to start a fight after stealing some cash from SKD. Clearly the guy is scum, throw him in jail for life.

It was never swept under the rug, it was well publicised at the time. And heaven forbid a club supports their players in a situation, before they're proven guilty, in what seems to be an altercation between a guy standing up for his mate and lowlife scumbags who got more than they bargained for.

I bet this thread didn't go the direction you were expecting, from all fans from different clubs :lol:

thug jimmy

Juniors
if the nrl wants to ban a player, they need to put in place guidelines to ensure all decisions are consistent. at the moment it seems a bit 'pick and choose'.

the sharks morally did the right thing in banning bird for the 08 season. he should be allowed to return in 09 though. if his mrs forgave him why can't we? how long can you torture a bloke for? if we ban bird, we should also ban wille mason for a season because he got caught peeing in public last year. that kid from the u/20's roosters team who kicked a guy in the head (while he was on the ground mind you), should be banned for 5 years. i mean how can sbw be banned longer than someone who kicked a blokes face in?
^^ my point here is that there is no consistency.

the roosters, well they have no morals. you only need to look at their ruthlessness with stealing juniors from other areas to realise that. i hope the club dies one day.

Last edited:
This was common knowledge, 8 ferals from the gong stole the money, gave some check took on 2 blokes and got smashed, it wasnt a fair fight to begin with skd should have backed off and let sa belt the lot of them.

try catching an intercity train to the gong after 10pm and survive.

those feral pricks got what they deserved.

the roosters, well they have no morals. you only need to look at their ruthlessness with stealing juniors from other areas to realise that. i hope the club dies one day.

Do you enjoy having your whinge about that, for the matter we've all heard a million times, when, for the millionth time, it is about something completely different.

With morals, you are combining assault with signing juniors, which every club does.

Bloody stick to the subject.

adamkungl

Immortal
Maybe if Sa blamed it on a mate who was golfing at the time, lied to the police, and refused to tell the club anything, and hit his girlfriend instead of a bloke in a gang of 8, then you could compare the incidents.

Latest posts