What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More recent sponsors

mark123

Juniors
More sponsors have signed on with league recently...

Fosters have signed on to sponsor friday night football, bundy rum for monday night, and coca-cola is the ball sponsor.....all told, the value of the sponsorships are in excess of 10 million dollars.

I have heard the above from a reputable source.

I have also heard mentioned, and I am unable to confirm this, that the sponsors total value is 30 million.

Which would make the total sponsorships this year reach 120 million dollars.

Surely, this eclipses any other period in the history of our game; its also can be said of the deals, that they are a massive increase on the sponsors that came before them. Onward league!

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Good stuff. More support the better IMO. Now we just need the NRL to get the game on a decent hour in WA!

griff

Bench
but the best part is that it isn't Crazy Johns Friday Night Football, Chrisco Monday Night Football and ball sponsor by CFMEU.

The Australian reported today that the Telstra, Fosters, Bundaberg Rum and Coca-Cola deals are worth "more than $100m" altogether.

dimitri

First Grade
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
The Australian reported today that the Telstra, Fosters, Bundaberg Rum and Coca-Cola deals are worth "more than $100m" altogether.

Hopefully some of this money will be spent on helping the WAR back into the comp!

Frailty

First Grade
According to Terrorgraph...

Telstra - 90 million
Bundy, Fosters, and Coke - 30 Million...
Total - 120 MILLION!

Hopefully that shuts Phil Gould up!

Kangarooster

Juniors
...and TAB Sportsbet. Does anybody know what the "bonus" the NRL will possibly receive is based on? Im assuming it's a turnover bonus, does any know the terms?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
mark 123, this was reported in both the Daily Telegraph and ARL Development websites, several hours prior to you posting - your post is very similar the media release as it was published on those websites.
mark123 said:
Fosters have signed on to sponsor friday night football, bundy rum for monday night, and coca-cola is the ball sponsor

From the ARL site:

Fosters have been announced as naming rights partner for Friday Night football, Bundaberg Rum as naming rights partner to Monday night Football and Coca-Cola as the game’s new ball sponsor.

http://www.arldevelopment.com.au/index.php?id=40&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=1368&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=41&cHash=f185bf591f

mark123 said:
Unfortunately that's not good enough. Claiming you heard it from a 'reputable source' in itself does not make it a 'reputable source'.

The link above would do as an actual reputable source.

More about sourcing in the member's guidelines here:
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/static/forumrules.php#source

In future, please try and source material as per the member's guidelines. That would help us a lot. Thanks.

Quidgybo

Bench
Frailty said:
Telstra - 90 million
Total - 120 MILLION!

I don't mind if he doesn't shut up, but an article congratulating or even praising the NRL's good work in delivering these deals and promoting the game's bright future is surely now in order. Criticism and condemnation where it is needed and credit where credit is due. A bit of balance from one of the game's own is all I ask.

Leigh

legend

Coach
The salary cap needs to be raised and seeing as thought the RLPA are yet to ratify the latest CBA, the cap is sure to increase by at least $1 million per season if the RLPA get their way.

A $5 million cap would see all the talent stay in league and would allow the clubs to pay the elite players what they are worth.

Over a squad of 25 players, they average wage would be 200k.

Quidgybo

Bench
legend said:
The salary cap needs to be raised and seeing as thought the RLPA are yet to ratify the latest CBA, the cap is sure to increase by at least $1 million per season if the RLPA get their way.
Why does the cap need to be raised? Wouldn't a better use of any increase be to finally remove the gap between club grant and cap, and so effectively guaranteeing the full payment of player wages even in the event of a club going broke? Surely that is a cause the RLPA would have an interest in supporting?

Leigh.

griff

Bench
Quidgybo said:
I don't mind if he doesn't shut up, but an article congratulating or even praising the NRL's good work in delivering these deals and promoting the game's bright future is surely now in order. Criticism and condemnation where it is needed and credit where credit is due. A bit of balance from one of the game's own is all I ask.

Leigh

http://www.crikey.com.au/Media/20070307-Telstra-gets-a-bargain-with-NRL-sponsorship-rights.html

The $90m (and only 60m cash) internet and naming rights deal with the NRL is hardly the triumph they are trying to make out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
Why does the cap need to be raised?
Leigh.

I would raise it IF all clubs can afford to pay full cap if it gets raised. Primarily I would do this to allow NRL clubs to keep players from ESL and giving a bigger pool of players so that new clubs such as WA and other expansion areas have a greater talent pool available to sign up upon entry to the NRL.

If you look at the players in ESL and ARU you could form at least two decent NRL sides out of them.

Brutus

Referee
mark123 said:
More sponsors have signed on with league recently...

Fosters have signed on to sponsor friday night football, bundy rum for monday night, and coca-cola is the ball sponsor.....all told, the value of the sponsorships are in excess of 10 million dollars.

I have also heard mentioned, and I am unable to confirm this, that the sponsors total value is 30 million.

Which would make the total sponsorships this year reach 120 million dollars.

Surely, this eclipses any other period in the history of our game; its also can be said of the deals, that they are a massive increase on the sponsors that came before them. Onward league!

I'll bet we don't league players feature in fosters or bundy rum ads though. Bet we don't have any league-related material on coke ads. More likely to have union or AFL players.

Brutus

Referee
Frailty said:
According to Terrorgraph...

Telstra - 90 million
Total - 120 MILLION!

No I don't think it will. Mainly because if you look into the specifics of the deal we have been sold short again. Nice spin though...sucked you in.

Quidgybo

Bench
griff said:
The $90m (and only 60m cash) internet and naming rights deal with the NRL is hardly the triumph they are trying to make out.
Mate, it could've been $120m cash and Phil Gould still wouldn't give the NRL any credit for it. Or at least not in proportion. It'd get a single line somewhere near the end of another rant about how the sky is falling because of the current administration.

Leigh.

Brutus

Referee
It could have been a 2 million dollar deal over 20 years and the Daily Telegraph would have still shot its load over how great it was for the game.

Latest posts