What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Roosters Crowing

STSAE

Juniors
Parra_Eels said:
at least we're not in the afls situation where the lions or swans will have to pl;ay a home final at the mcg

I thought they changed that so they could play at home instead of the MCG??

Seems like its an NRL situation now.

STSAE

Juniors
DJ1 said:
If it was OK for the Broncos in the 90's against us, then its ok now!!! But then again the NRL doesnt have shares in the Roosters does it?

This was back before the McIntyre system when teams 1 and 2 got the first week off and 10 teams made the semis.

We now have the McIntyre system and an 8 team final series

What the fluck are you on about??

Wasnt the fact they had set 1 game for 1 day at 1 ground at the start of the season, and changed it 1 week before, because it suited Brisbane.
What is the difference with this situation??

The fact remains a precedence has been set, by the NRL.

And we have to be seen to be fair (oh the irony of it all if we play Brisbane at home in the prelim final).

:lol: :lol:

sretsoor

Juniors
For those who doubt that it has happened before. From today's SMH:

NO SWAP: Further to our story yesterday about the Roosters' apparently doomed bid to have the finals in week three switched so they can play at Aussie Stadium, supporters say there is a precedent. In 1998, the Bulldogs and Eels were to play a preliminary final at ANZ Stadium and Brisbane-Roosters was set down for the Sydney Football Stadium. The games were reversed and the Broncos won 46-18 in front of a 28,374 crowd. NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said criticism of this was the reason it couldn't happen again. "It was the only time it's ever been done and it was an unbelievable nightmare," he said. "There was criticism left, right and centre of the NRL for taking the decision. It was because it seemed to make sense to do it that way, rather than having two Sydney teams playing in Brisbane and the Broncos playing down here. But because that decision was taken, it created an enormous uproar about manipulating the pre-published finals system." .

Marduk said:
innsaneink said:
The arrogance just grows and grows.

It does seem to be the case.

Everything we are asking for (except the silly idea of concessions for living in the East) we have had happen to us.

The draft was in place in the 90's and the Roosters (a struggling Roosters) decided to draft Terry Hill. The draft was taken to court thrown out and the Roosters lost Terry Hill. So now we are asking for a change to the cap and are threatening to take it to court.

In 1998 we had the above precedent set that went against the Roosters as they were made to play in 6 different cities in 6 weeks. With games at

Wagga
Wollongong
Leichhardt
Melbourne
Newcastle
Brisbane

The last one was a shocking decision to change it from Sydney to Brisbane. But it was changed due to the fact that it was better for crowds.

Well Canterbury are the most supported side going around wouldn't it make more sense to play it at Telstra.

Could you imagine if Saints played Canterbury at the SFS and Roosters v Brisbane at telstra. Probably be 30,000 at Telstra and a sell out with people missing out at the SFS.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
STSAE said:
Parra_Eels said:
at least we're not in the afls situation where the lions or swans will have to pl;ay a home final at the mcg

They only changed it for week 2 of the finals. Week 3 (the preliminary finals to get into the GF) stays the same. That is becuase the MCG has a clause in its contract with the AFL to say at least 1 preliminary final must be played at the MCG. I think 12 finals have to be played at the MCG over 3 years.

The roosters request is a load of crap anyway. Playing in a different state is completely different from playing in a different suburb. Typical silver spoon w@nkers, don't want to catch one of those dirty buses or trains with the commoners.

JK

sretsoor said:
melon.... said:
If it was OK for the Broncos in the 90's against us, then its ok now!!! But then again the NRL doesnt have shares in the Roosters does it?

You beat me to it Melon. I rememebr it all to well. 1st semi in Melbourne, we won. 2nd in Newcastle and we won. 3rd to be at SFS but the Bronco's suddenly lost to Parramatta in an upset which saw 2 sydney teams playing in Brisbane and Brisbane playing in Sydney. So they switched it.
I think it was in 1998.

Now the Roosters bring it up and every has a whinge FFS.

Its a bit of a difference to compare a brisbane team playing thousands of miles away and a sydney team playing in...SYDNEY!

I hope our teams do not get to play at their home ground - we already have enough advantage by being the best two teams in 2004 so we don't need more help.

I'll just pray it doesn't rain 8) :lol:

sretsoor

Juniors
JK said:
sretsoor said:
melon.... said:

You beat me to it Melon. I rememebr it all to well. 1st semi in Melbourne, we won. 2nd in Newcastle and we won. 3rd to be at SFS but the Bronco's suddenly lost to Parramatta in an upset which saw 2 sydney teams playing in Brisbane and Brisbane playing in Sydney. So they switched it.
I think it was in 1998.

Now the Roosters bring it up and every has a whinge FFS.

Its a bit of a difference to compare a brisbane team playing thousands of miles away and a sydney team playing in...SYDNEY!

I hope our teams do not get to play at their home ground - we already have enough advantage by being the best two teams in 2004 so we don't need more help.

I'll just pray it doesn't rain 8) :lol:

There is no differece. The draw had been set all year. Likewise this year.

The Roosters played their arses off knowing if we can win in Melbourne then Newcaslte we'll be playing at the SFS.

To have that switched only benefited one team, the Bronocs.

Im sure if it happened to your team you'd be p1ssed off.

Not to mention the swap came after the weekend results on the Monday prior to the game being played. Unlike if they swapped it now for 2004 it is still undecided so it could hardly be favouriting anyone.

Since Canavan wants his Roosters to play at home so much, why doesn't he make it so. Have the team finish second after 26 rounds! Not so difficult is it to throw away one last game? ;-)

LRC

I hate Telstra....No finals matches should be played there....
I love my league so much that I actually want to be able to see it being played from a reasonable seat...Telstra doesnt have any.

Chook

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
Marduk said:
innsaneink said:
The arrogance just grows and grows.

It does seem to be the case.

Everything we are asking for (except the silly idea of concessions for living in the East) we have had happen to us.

The draft was in place in the 90's and the Roosters (a struggling Roosters) decided to draft Terry Hill. The draft was taken to court thrown out and the Roosters lost Terry Hill. So now we are asking for a change to the cap and are threatening to take it to court.

In 1998 we had the above precedent set that went against the Roosters as they were made to play in 6 different cities in 6 weeks. With games at

Wagga
Wollongong
Leichhardt
Melbourne
Newcastle
Brisbane

The last one was a shocking decision to change it from Sydney to Brisbane. But it was changed due to the fact that it was better for crowds.

Well Canterbury are the most supported side going around wouldn't it make more sense to play it at Telstra.

Could you imagine if Saints played Canterbury at the SFS and Roosters v Brisbane at telstra. Probably be 30,000 at Telstra and a sell out with people missing out at the SFS.

I will acknowledge your very good points SR, even if the baggers won't.

Chook.

STSAE

Juniors
RaidersMalt said:
STSAE said:
Parra_Eels said:

They only changed it for week 2 of the finals. Week 3 (the preliminary finals to get into the GF) stays the same. That is becuase the MCG has a clause in its contract with the AFL to say at least 1 preliminary final must be played at the MCG. I think 12 finals have to be played at the MCG over 3 years.

The roosters request is a load of crap anyway. Playing in a different state is completely different from playing in a different suburb. Typical silver spoon w@nkers, don't want to catch one of those dirty buses or trains with the commoners.

How is the gangreen you splicemalt fudgepacker??

Make sense??

Enjoy!!

:lol: :lol: