What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Sydney clubs will merge within the next decade - Gould

sempmrh

Juniors
I think it's more likely that a team will relocate to somewhere outside of Sydney than it is two teams will merge - and even then I don't see it happening.

2 weeks

Coach
Gus seems to be upset whenever he is in the paper nowdays

images

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Gould is the ultimate riddler. Says just enough to garner a headline and keep his name in lights, but will never expand, or give solutions or more information.

Its getting old.

he is a dribbler he is throwing that out also because he is trying to hide fact he blew so much money at panthers on coaches and moving players on .

also correct me if I’m wrong the only thing which he did give a bit of detail was a dud , I’m sure he was the one that campaigned for NYC and that really impacted on our depth in the game

TheFrog

Coach
he is a dribbler he is throwing that out also because he is trying to hide fact he blew so much money at panthers on coaches and moving players on .
You are right about coaches but every club in the League moves players on. It's hard to think of many that he moved on that did better elsewhere. Blake Austin probably, but how many years ago was that. And Sivo of course but he could still be a one season wonder. Apisai Koroisau is a third but we've got him back now.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
A lot will depend on the league clubs and how they fair through this. There are 4 Sydney clubs reliant on significant annual cash injections from their LC’s, some up to the tune of $5million. IF LC have to sell assets to cover this years losses then profit may be reduced in future years and the ability to throw large chunks of cash at the nrl operation won’t be there. Eels are lucky, the new stadium happened at the right time should see their revenue from game day operations rise significantly and fill the gap. Panthers, bulldogs and wests not so lucky. One thing is for sure, nrl clubs need to start building their engaged fanbases and shift their revenue reliance.

forby

Juniors
A nice new stadium would help, but I forgot that there is no justification for one in the biggest RL nursery in the world. You keep saying that.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They just see the population and the chance to put another flag in Qld and that's it, convincing themselves that "this time will be different"

It won't.

I domt understand why everyone gets so fixated on kicking the Titans out....

Their crowd averages are usually better than half the Sydney club. As recently as 2018, they averaged over 14k at Robina.

And in terms of money, they have only defaulted once.

Any failures were due to bad owners (Titans, gladiators), being under prepared (Giants, Chargers) or the owners just leaving (Seagulls). The fans themselves are just as good as anywhere else...

Perth Red

Post Whore
North Sydney roosters still at the new allianz but big marketing push and jnr take over of northern Sydney region (bears as reserve grade)
northern sea eagles (9 games gosford, 3 brookvale)
Sharks and dragons new shared stadium
West’s and doggies new shared stadium
Club spending capped so all profit making
Nrl to use some of currently allocated club funding to centralise memberships and fan growth strategy
Everyone is viable and growing, nrl can expand with a 15 year 4 team expansion plan which sells licenses to generate investment revenue to cover some of increased expenditure of bigger comp.
sorted.

North Sydney roosters still at the new allianz but big marketing push and jnr take over of northern Sydney region (bears as reserve grade)

We’re kinda on the way to doing this. Calling them North Sydney but based in the east is a bit silly. I know Souths/Homebush. Given that we’ve already changed our name more than once and it’s mainly our money, Sydney will suffice. However I’d be happy to give a nod to them on the jersey (sleeve or back) kinda what Swans do re South Melbourne. All games at Allianz but one or two traditionally low draw matches such as Cows or Tits at N Sydney oval.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Parra Panthers (more likely Western Sydney Panthers) isn't completely impossible, but Roosters merging while Rabbitohs remain unscathed certainly is.

Lol@souffs would remain unscathed due to the fact that nobody could handle once again a conga line of celebrities & media whores weeping & wailing & proclaiming their undying love for a no doubt what would be a martyrdom filled drama.

This Year?

Immortal
the cantermatta eeldogs vs st cronulla sharkgons would be epic.
It would be the most epic derby within a derby and could possibly even fill the ANZ stadium.

Addenum: St Cronulla Sharkgons fans hate travelling to ANZ. It would be a sea of blue, white and gold (f**king merkindogeels)

** EDIT** I just had a crazy idea. Why don't we merge every club from Queensland and Victoria into one team, then merge every club from NSW and ACT into one team. It could be made a state vs state contest. WOW!!

Last edited:
It would be the most epic derby within a derby and could possibly even fill the ANZ stadium.

Addenum: St Cronulla Sharkgons fans hate travelling to ANZ. It would be a sea of blue, white and gold (f**king merkindogeels)

** EDIT** I just had a crazy idea. Why don't we merge every club from Queensland and Victoria into one team, then merge every club from NSW and ACT into one team. It could be made a state vs state contest. WOW!!
We would be called the Shargons.
What's a Shargon you may ask...
According to the Urban Dictionary a Shargon is:
a whore that sleeps with all the males in ones family

Just to prove I am not making this up
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shargon&amp=true

Latest posts