What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley going home

Pierced Soul

First Grade
poor decision, he's been a revelation in the NRL, a fan favourite and as an oppositing fan I'm happier when he's not playing against my team

Kiwi

First Grade
How stupid are the Roosters, I know they have some promising players coming through, but surely Morley is a must keep till he retires player for them. I read "it's the salary cap" in league week, but then from all reports they are chasing Pritchard big time.

And if Fitzgibbon leaves as expected, they'll have very few leaders in their pack other than Harrison. Some very poor decissions coming out of Bondi, look for their forward pack to get owned on a weekly basis if Morley and Fitzy both leave.

sooperdooper

First Grade
hmmmm he has a spot in the nrl. He is a player other fans love to hate which in the end make the game what it is. He is a Hero for the roosters and a Villian for those who dont support them.
Maybe there is more to what meets the eye i am not sure...

super_coach

First Grade
The Chooks are having their yearly clean out,out with the old in with the new. Good old fashion cheque book footy. Gee they would have to hire the telstra dome to have a ten year players reunion
Ricky might even be able to have the australian team play for the chooks.so he get the combinations going---just cant help chook bashing

Mr Saab

Referee
If they dont resign Morley it will be club suicide. The guy IS the Roosters pack and without him they have nothing.
Welcome to the transit lounge at Bondi

Mr Saab said:
If they dont resign Morley it will be club suicide. The guy IS the Roosters pack and without him they have nothing.
Welcome to the transit lounge at Bondi
It's always been that way over there.

:sch:

Kiwi

First Grade
This is the Roosters forward pack this weekend

Prop - ADRIAN MORLEY
Hooker - CRAIG WING
Prop - DAVID SHILLINGTON
Second Row - CHRIS FLANNERY
Second Row - CRAIG FITZGIBBON
Lock - ASHLEY HARRISON

Take Morley out, and it looks bad, take Fitzy out ( who is romoured to be heading to Souths or the Titans ) and it's a shoking pack. Sure you can add topou and if they get him Pritchard, but it is seriously lacking in leadership and go forward. Pritchard and Topou are more Widders type impact players as well, not the work horse like Fitzy and Morley.

ozzie

Bench
guys they did offer him a one year contract - it's not that they didn't offer him anything..You talk as if he wasn't offerred a contract. Now let me see up to the end of 2007 - Fielden off contract for 2007 work it out yourself,,Bet Morley signs

Danish

Referee
Offering him 1 year is offering him nothing in my book.

He deserves 2-3 years at the club with a nice "tackling coach" job at the end of it. The backbone of Easts for the past 3 years.

If he goes, the Roosters will be poo for a while.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
  • Maybe he has serious fitness issues
  • Maybe his judiciary record is catching up with him
  • Maybe they want to free up some money

Mr Saab

Referee
ozzie said:
guys they did offer him a one year contract - it's not that they didn't offer him anything..You talk as if he wasn't offerred a contract. Now let me see up to the end of 2007 - Fielden off contract for 2007 work it out yourself,,Bet Morley signs

One yr is an insult to the man and all that he has done for the club. It is not like he is 33 yrs old. He has alot to offer. Without him the chooks would have the softest pack in the comp.
Flannery/Harrison/Flopsgibbon...not exactly guys that intimidate.

Edwahu

Bench
You would think this means they are pretty much a lock to get Pritchard if Morley goes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
would Morely ever consider playing for another NRL club? or is not an option for him?

Prodigiousman

Juniors
You'd keep Morley for sure if you were a CEO but my take on what the Roosters are doing is this:

* Clearing out the elder statesmen as Stuart aims to bring back the high intensity style that the club thrived on for 3 seasons. It wouldn't shock me to see both Morley and Fitzgibbon let go at the end of the year and Pritchard coming to the club. I wouldn't make that trade off personally but I think that is what Stuart wants to do - bring back the high intensity.

Good luck to them if it works but if it doesn't they'll get hammered for letting these two gun forwards go.

Just quietly don't be surprised if Fitzgibbon went to Brisbane (if he leaves Easts)... and not the Gold Coast.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
thats what Im thinking too eela, if the Roosters are only offering Morely a one year deal, then surely another NRL club/clubs would poach him.

sooperdooper

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
thats what Im thinking too eela, if the Roosters are only offering Morely a one year deal, then surely another NRL club/clubs would poach him.
would look good in blue and gold :)