What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley's disciplinary result

Rooster Lozz

Juniors
I think you will find that Morley didnt realise that the penalty had already been awarded. He is a tough player but he is no mug, he plays with so much aggression that sometimes he gets it wrong. There has to be a percentage for error, geez look at the bloody soccer. Yet you dont hear that many people get on the back of players who continually get red carded and only get 3 weeks. Patrick Vieira is a prime example his send off record aint that pretty yet no thug tag for him.
Yes i may be a huge Roosters fan but sometimes the judiciary thing gets beyond a joke. Craig Smith was driven out of Australia for his so called lifting knees and that was a joke. Media and judiciary got on his back and wouldnt leave him alone.
Let's have a look at this stat and use some common sense. "In 2003 Morley made 582 tackles and was charged with two careless high tackles" now you tell me how hard it would be to make 582 tackles in one season and not make an occasional mistake and bad tackle?
There is no malice involved in it, its purely technique and sometimes it lets him down.

aqua_duck

Coach
I didn't think the Sing tackle was all that bad, I think it was made worse because of the fact that it was Adrian Morley, and this coming from someone who can't stand the thug. I thought Stuart Fielden's cowardly play was another act of thuggery, very late on a bloke half his size, I mean what if Gower does his knee? Fielden hasn't impressed me at all, he's always niggling, and often against blokes half his size, he's not worthy to lace Webckes boots.

Rooster Lozz said:
I think you will find that Morley didnt realise that the penalty had already been awarded. He is a tough player but he is no mug, he plays with so much aggression that sometimes he gets it wrong. There has to be a percentage for error, geez look at the bloody soccer. Yet you dont hear that many people get on the back of players who continually get red carded and only get 3 weeks. Patrick Vieira is a prime example his send off record aint that pretty yet no thug tag for him.
Yes i may be a huge Roosters fan but sometimes the judiciary thing gets beyond a joke. Craig Smith was driven out of Australia for his so called lifting knees and that was a joke. Media and judiciary got on his back and wouldnt leave him alone.
Let's have a look at this stat and use some common sense. "In 2003 Morley made 582 tackles and was charged with two careless high tackles" now you tell me how hard it would be to make 582 tackles in one season and not make an occasional mistake and bad tackle?
There is no malice involved in it, its purely technique and sometimes it lets him down.

If the ref wasn't 8 meters behind him blowing a whistle I'd agree with you.
Morley is a cheap shot hunter and there was another example of it.

What about Fielden's gutless act on Gower, pushing over the advertising banner onto thew asphalt????? Just another example of miss place aggresion.

GO Storm !!!!!
yellow.gif