What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Bros

RABK

Referee
All heart tonight, as their biggest critic they've earnt my respect and incumbency for the next few series.

Creagh had a real dig too coming back on with a gash that'll require 15-40 stiches to close.

But even when our usual numpties rip in - our halves ensure it's in vain.

Grant, Farah, Tamou is a front row to keep for 5 years.

perverse

Referee
They were awesome tonight, Josh has been superb all series. I too didn't know how up to this level they were at different stages over the last few years, but they changed my mind completely tonight. I agree, pick them next year.

Thomas

First Grade
Both looked bloody dangerous all night in attack and defence. They should be given jerseys for the next few years.

evil_p091280

Juniors
Yep, Morris's 10/10.

Also, while I don't know why he was picked, Creagh when he came back on had a massive crack.

Some great defence and good runs, then he was taken off after about 8 mins. Seemed stupid taking a fresh guy off...

Anyway, back to wrapping the Morris's. B Noz plays game 1, NSW win series...

RABK

Referee
Uate better call Fiji - he won't be getting back in anytime soon unless Morris fullback form forces him to move there fulltime at club and rep level.

Morris bro's played well, should have been on the same side tho. I never thought they would be up to origin standard, especially Brett - But they sure shut me up tonight, along with Jennings this whole series. Creagh did have a massive go, but really he was infective, he needs to go.

MSIH

Bench
Yep, good thread. Proved me wrong massively as well. Massive props to both of them, top games.

dogslife

Coach
Both had tremendous games, Josh showed how good he can be without having to cover for Uate aswell. Would have been interesting to see them on the same side of the field though

Uate deserves his spot back when he's back in form. Unfortunately for B.Morris one swallow doesn't make a summer, so on and so forth.

As for J.Morris, he has cemented his spot in the side.

roarr

Juniors
Looks like both have benefited from the wake-up calls (i.e. being dropped) they have got in the last 2 years. Only natural to have serious form troughs when your in your early twenties and playing for Australia I guess...

anjado

Juniors
Brett Morris had an excellent game and Josh Morris has been good all series. I didn't think Brett Morris was up to it judging on his previous Origin displays despite thinking he was a very first grade player and a quality finisher i didn't think he worked hard enough taking hit ups and today he did and deserves a go for next year.

Creagh had a dig when he came on he should be knocked out more often. He made more hit ups in his second spell than he had for some 80 minute origin performances in the past. I don't think he should be retained personally but at least he put in a decent performance for the first time in years.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It was an awesome series by josh considering Chris Lawrence basically had the second center jersey wrapped up at the start if the year. However Lawrence's poor form and Josh's good form gave him the jump. Really hope he kicks on and makes it his own for years to come.

TheRev

First Grade
- B.Moz played well because of the late change to his natural left wing position, but that moved Hayne onto the right wing who was a bit out of place (but played 'ok' and can cover a few positions if needed).

- J.Moz was brilliant all series, but really should have been playing at left centre, pointless having Jennings in the side, he is always MIA in Origin, apart from his error you wouldnt know he was on the field.

Latest posts