What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris brothers

Mark D

Juniors
i know the kissing of the bulldogs jersey was annoying to watch but taking the emotion out of it I would have either or both back in a heartbeat ... both are better and offer more then our centres or wingers in attack and defence.

Frank Facer

First Grade
i know the kissing of the bulldogs jersey was annoying to watch but taking the emotion out of it I would have either or both back in a heartbeat ... both are better and offer more then our centres or wingers in attack and defence.

Josh got injured a few years ago, I think it was in origin and he has never been the same since.

I would take Brett over Nightingale for a season or 2

Brutalitops

Juniors
Most people who would say no are simply petty. Brett would still be among the best wingers in the comp if he got away from the Dogs suffocating coaching. But he and Josh have shown the last 2 weeks they still work great together.

Would take Brett over either of our wingers in particular.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
No, I'll pass, thanks.
When l watch players like Flo, I know that at least he is genuine about the efforts that he puts in and that makes me a happy fan.
If the Morris boys came back, regardless of how good they may be, they couldn't raise my enthusiasm levels to match that of Nightingale.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
For any of the doubters among us, please re-watch Brett's try against Manly, then ask yourself if either of our current wingers would've scored from an identical position.

The answer is no.

His hypothetical return is moot because I firmly believe McGregor's ascension to the head coaching role initiated his departure at the end of 2014.

Josh is a different story altogether. Despite advancing years, is he better than what Saints currently have in the centres?

Definitely.

However, his penchant for kissing the Bulldogs' emblem has been unnecessarily provocative, and quite frankly, pisses me off.

He can stay at Belmore as far as I'm concerned.

DJ21

Juniors
Brett has missed around 30 games in the last 3 years, for the coin he wanted and might still want he is far to injury prone. I love him and we were lucky enough to get the best of him but we haven't lost out much in the past couple of years.

Josh is a very solid defensive centre and a decent attacking player but he is not the missing piece for us through this period.

From a club spirit perspective it would have been great to have kept them but winning a premiership kills a team as they all end up with inflated values

Belta

Juniors
Had we not signed MacDonald for three years and resigned Lafai and Aitken then it may have been plausible but signing them now IMO would upset the apple cart, who would miss out.?

It's a no from me, though I must say they would improve our backline defense which has been an Achilles heel this year

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Most players move between teams through their own decisions, clubs shopping them around or clubs telling them they are free to look elsewhere. This happens as a consequence of the salary cap. Brett Morris played here with lots of passion, far as I'm aware was never involved in any off field dramas and was instrumental in our 2010 Grand Final year. I think he gave us many great moments and I would love to see him back home where he belongs wearing the mighty RED V.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Most players move between teams through their own decisions, clubs shopping them around or clubs telling them they are free to look elsewhere. This happens as a consequence of the salary cap. Brett Morris played here with lots of passion, far as I'm aware was never involved in any off field dramas and was instrumental in our 2010 Grand Final year. I think he gave us many great moments and I would love to see him back home where he belongs wearing the mighty RED V.
In years to come Brett will admit that going to the bulldogs was a huge mistake .Its obvious he hasnt enjoyed his time there and didnt fit in..All to satisfy his twin brother..Younger brother Dylan looks a handy prospect and chances of retaining him would be a lot higher if Brett did return " home" .Josh was poorly treated by Dragon hierachy around the bennett gasnier era and would only consider him if he came cheaply in a twin deal..

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
In years to come Brett will admit that going to the bulldogs was a huge mistake .Its obvious he hasnt enjoyed his time there and didnt fit in..All to satisfy his twin brother..Younger brother Dean looks a handy prospect and chances of retaining him would be a lot higher if Brett did return " home" .Josh was poorly treated by Draond hierachy around the bennett gasnier era and would only consider him if he came cheaply in a twin deal..

Dylan not Dean.

Latest posts