What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris' tackle on Johnson

flamin

Juniors
Awesome covering tackle, well not really a tackle but just enough to off-balance Johnson into touch. When I saw Johnson streaming down the touchline beating defenders everywhere, I thought he's in for sure. But then Morris pulled that out from somewhere.

Desperation at its best. :clap:

BunniesMan

Immortal
I wonder what the crap Morris at the bottom of the ladder thinks about his twin that got out of St George and is now at the top of the ladder.

cleary89

Coach
I wonder what the crap Morris at the bottom of the ladder thinks about his twin that got out of St George and is now at the top of the ladder.

Probably thinks "lol, he took an extra 50k and hasn't won shit, I'm a premiership winner, not that any souths players know what that is"

Liddell

Juniors
Lol the usual suspects take his bait and let him derail another thread.

Great tackle, was he the guy that Johnson dummied past originally? You have to laugh at Tomkins going off early on the inside too.

no name

Coach
Lol the usual suspects take his bait and let him derail another thread.

Great tackle, was he the guy that Johnson dummied past originally? You have to laugh at Tomkins going off early on the inside too.

Tomkins wasn't celebrating, he was blowing up because he was unmarked and Johnson dummied and eventually bombed it.

SJ kinda bombed it there but 9 times out of 10 he would of scored it so don't blame him for backing his speed. Should of really passed it to Tomkins, even if he didn't score would of had a tackle up their sleeve with a broken dogs line.

Iafeta

Referee
Lol at Tomkins celebrating. As if. He clearly wasn't. He was beside himself that SJ ignored when he was on a great line to win the game. SJ stuffed up delux there

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Excellent try saver this is the kind of stuff we need come Origin and having him and his brother one side in particular the side up against GI and Boyd gurantees we shut down queenslands most dangerous player.

timka4

Bench
Reminds me of that tackle he produced on Inglis in origin, even though the goal post helped him, it was a brilliant.

Meth

Staff member
Brilliant effort.

Will probably help Johnson in the long run.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Brilliant tackle!

To be fair to Johnson, had he passed it to Tomkins, Morris would have nailed him (or intercepted the pass?)
Backed himself, and came up empty that time - good play all round.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
great tackle, and yes i believe morris was beaten by him initially, so he turned around and covered well

Danish

Referee
Plenty of players let their head drop when they are stone cold beaten like that. Morris simply pinned the ears back and chased as hard as he could even though 9 times out of 10 it would have been in vain.

Luckily for him Johnson tried to hog the glory and go himself, which slowed him down just enough to give Morris his chance.

Brilliant attitude by Morris to never give up. Great play by Perrett to just go for the man with the ball and not fall for the dummy.... poor play by Johnson to not take the simple route by passing to Tompkins, who'd have had an uninterrupted run to the try line and in all likelihood have scored under the posts.

vvvrulz

Coach
Brilliant tackle!

To be fair to Johnson, had he passed it to Tomkins, Morris would have nailed him (or intercepted the pass?)
Backed himself, and came up empty that time - good play all round.

Agree. Johnson had a better chance going all the way himself than trying to find Tomkins who was probably covered as you say. Perhaps chip to the in-goal and make it a foot race?

Either way Johnson created something from nothing and Morris pulled off a great tackle.
Very quality game, we're good enough to make the 8 if we keep that up.

Latest posts