What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A role for John Morris?

• Sign him up now and sack Madge ASAP

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Nice guy but excess to requirements

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A flip who can’t coach to save his life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A good assistant to help Madge

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Prefer not to answer

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ghoti

Bench
I'm 100% all for signing Morris for 2022. Say whatever you want about the man, but the players f**king love playing for him. It will add a good layer between the boys and Madge, maybe something sorely needed.

On that... the current Sharks crop of players love playing for him cos they've been playing for him since they were teenagers. He's brought them through, added new guys and treated everyone well.. I don't think he's the kind of guy who's Bennett-like who can walk in and command respect. My feeling is he's a prospect as a head coach from 2025ish.. and need to earn his respect in a squad as an assistant.

Tigerm

First Grade
On that... the current Sharks crop of players love playing for him cos they've been playing for him since they were teenagers. He's brought them through, added new guys and treated everyone well.. I don't think he's the kind of guy who's Bennett-like who can walk in and command respect. My feeling is he's a prospect as a head coach from 2025ish.. and need to earn his respect in a squad as an assistant.
I think your comment “they’ve been playing together for a while” is the key and something we are just gunna have to do.
I was expecting better things this year (and it still may happen) but all the good sides have a core whose been together for a while.
Hopefully that will mean a lot of our U/20 type players will be the ones in a couple years.

So maybe that means we need to get the right second grade coach now, for the future?

Why are you over here, fish?? Come home, you're missed.
On the Bomber topic and juniors. He did not set the systems up, Ricky Stuart did. The one guy who has kept them in place is Dave Howlett, who was employed by Sticky snd is now an AC with the first grade side. Bomber got handed his role with a silver platter, and he went on with it, but he did not set the systems in place. And those juniors actually love Dave big time for their development.

And sorry Tiges, I'm not here to disrupt. I like your club and Bomber would be a great Assistant Coach for you guys.
He took the job on at the Sharks way too early. I reckon in 3 years he will be top notch and I hope it's with you guys.

Tigerm

First Grade
if we are serious, unless we get top 4 next year madge should not be offered another few years
I think we will turn it around, but I think top 4 now is not going to happen, I guess depends on our last 2 signings and an attitude adjustment?

WA Tiger

Bench
Our very own Johnny Cronk back on board? How could we say no? Especially if he brings a cavalcade of young off contract stars from Cronulla with him, like Will Kennedy, Toby Rudolph and Siosifa Talakai. Mawene Hiroti, Connor Tracey and Braydon Trindall would provide some decent depth in all the right places too. Happy to wait a year for Royce Hunt, Briton Nikora, Hamlin-Uele and Brailey as well.
Grab the Car-nt ffs

WA Tiger

Bench
Sacking Potter (not re-newing contract), Taylor & then having Cleary walk out has got us in this position. Sacking Madge will set us back another 5 years. I can't believe some of you think that's the right decision. Even if it doesn't work out & he isn't here in 5 years time. He still needs to given his full contact length to try & turn it around.
Not having any stability in the coaching staff is a massive issue.
Ive never read so much <]#%*{=&#^=%+ in so little space
I would give this more likes if I could, If we sacked Madge after our recent history with coaches we would be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a replacement
There’s nothing left to scrape

Last edited:

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Let’s get him straight away he can teach Luke Brooks how to murder overlaps and make a shit kicking game even worse. If that prick ever coaches us I’ll cut back on my 3 games a season to none.

Latest posts